What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » The Ocean is fucking AWESOME» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Ocean is fucking AWESOME
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-25-2016 8:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So

Stop drinking bottled water. It's expensive, it's not regulated, and it's destroying the ocean. Look at this thing

We've made an island of trash in the middle of the Pacific.

Stop eating fish. They're full of mercury. I know, sushi is the shit but it's getting to dangerous levels now.

Don't support the consumption of rare species, like shark or certain turtles. Don't go to some asian restaurant that has some half-dead turtle writhing in pain on display, for instance.

Go yell at your congressman. Tell them the ocean is badass and needs more protection.

If you're on a beach and something is flopping around struggling, throw it back in the god damned ocean.

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

05-25-2016 8:41 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was expecting pics from your vacation or whatever Frown

05-25-2016 8:43 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also, I hate plastic water bottles, although I admit I buy them sometimes when I plan to reuse them. We keep the Smart Water bottles until they fall apart, because they're very nice to drink from.

I usually just have a lidded tumbler or water bottle, though.

05-25-2016 8:59 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Plastic water bottles are the worst. Fuck the companies who make them.
05-25-2016 9:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:

I didn't go to the ocean? unless you mean my research on the beach? I don't have a cameraphone so... But I do plan to buy a digital camera very soon.

If you're in the market for reusable water bottles please consider Kleen Kanteen. Been using them for about 8? years now, and they are excellent. The current one I have is 6 years old and still perfect.

Quote:
Plastic water bottles are the worst. Fuck the companies who make them.

Especially since they are draining our aquifers and causing droughts/ecological disasters because their insane corporate arm believes that water is not a human right and should be bought and sold like oil Smile

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

05-25-2016 10:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or buy a canteen (I have/had one around here which...okay there's a plastic lining maybe, but you don't toss it out so it isn't a plastic "one more trash to the island" deal.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-25-2016 10:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:

I'd be the person to ask about pictures of the water, probably. Hol is doing research.

...Except I haven't been up to new england in years and smartphones weren't really a thing then.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-25-2016 10:44 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't want to stop eating sushi Frown

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

05-26-2016 1:07 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah the mercury thing...we're all gonna die sooner or later anyway.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-26-2016 7:06 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno, I just thought your trip to that lounge went past an ocean view, or something.

I'm constantly being given reusable water bottles and tumblers these days, as swag from college and businesses. I've had to give a bunch away.

It really bothers me that they don't recycle in my town. At least our soda bottles go to redemption center to get our deposit back. I know they get recycled from there.

05-26-2016 7:42 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually it's not true recycling, either.

Our plastic waste is usually sold to China for profit. It is then broken down and not used to make bottles or anything like that. So it's not true recycling.

Those reusuable water bottles are toxic as well if they are plastic any color other than clear. Also, plastic ones are just bad overall.

05-26-2016 8:11 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It always seems to be China that's the problem.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-26-2016 8:19 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Yeah the mercury thing...we're all gonna die sooner or later anyway.

Your pessimism can go fuck itself.

Mercury is something that doesn't cause immediate death, but instead a torturous state where your senses are muffled, you get memory loss, and your skin starts peeling off.

05-26-2016 8:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Didn't thalomide contain mercury...or it had similar effects..or something.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-26-2016 10:40 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The ocean is as badass as it is terrifying. It's the only part of nature I like.

05-28-2016 10:58 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like it but I'm more acquainted with the surface aspect.

Generally if you're on a boat not designed for it, and you see the subterranean stuff...you've got a biiiiiig problem on your hands.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-28-2016 11:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
The ocean is as badass as it is terrifying. It's the only part of nature I like.

Cthulhu is not there.

Sorry to break it to you.
05-28-2016 11:37 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
Quote by Gudetama:

Cthulhu is not there.

Brah, there is shit in the ocean that would make Cthulhu wonder da fuk nature is doing

05-28-2016 11:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

05-29-2016 3:42 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
Quote by Gudetama:

Cthulhu is not there.

Because he already awoke and is mobile..

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » The Ocean is fucking AWESOME