What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » The Ocean is fucking AWESOME» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Ocean is fucking AWESOME
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-22-2016 1:31 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Moved your post into this thread, since it's exactly the same thing

Warning for Sharp: there's a sea spider in Freeze's link

X: One of my favorite things is the bubonic plague.

12-22-2016 1:47 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
Russian Fisherman Shares His Most Unusual Catches - Album on Imgur

Some of this stuff is straight out of an Alien movie.

"Russian fishermen shows how commercial fishing kills rare marine species not used for food"

12-22-2016 9:39 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Quote by Freeze:

"Russian fishermen shows how commercial fishing kills rare marine species not used for food"

But it does feed our nightmares!

Also some of them were cute.

12-22-2016 2:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Quote by Freeze:

I forgot the part where it specified he was a commercial fisherman.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-22-2016 4:08 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He works on a trawler: Vessel details for: KORUND (Trawler) - IMO 8710285, MMSI 273430750, Call Sign UBHU Registered in Russia | AIS Marine Traffic

That's catching deep-sea fish, so likely bottom trawling and causing who knows what type of environmental damage.

Here's another one of his catches:

12-22-2016 4:37 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What if that was thrown back/put into water/given to somewhere for research, after the picture was taken.

What if it was bycatch.

There's a lot of problems with overfishing and damage to aquaculture, A LOT but automatically going "BAD MAN HURT MOTHER EARTH Frown" over somebody posting pictures seems a bit reductive and declaration of guilt unless proof of innocent is given.

When some countries murder animals because they think parts of them make sex potions, is that also a trigger, or is it okay "because culture".

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-22-2016 5:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess:

Now, I'd like everybody to look at this. That is a warning done out of genuine consideration.

Somehow that didn't freak me out really.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-22-2016 5:41 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bottom Trawling Impacts On Ocean, Clearly Visible From Space -- ScienceDaily

Feel free to look at more of his stuff:

Media Tweets by Роман Федорцов (@rfedortsov) | Twatter

And let me know when Russia started regulating trawling out of environmental concern.

Everyone's like "These creatures are amazing!"

Yeah, so glad that they're getting accidentally killed so we can continue to eat increasingly mercury-laden fish.

12-22-2016 6:47 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
And let me know when Russia started regulating trawling out of environmental concern.

Russia's not gonna give a damn. But if you wanna see who's really fucking shit up.....

How China's trawlers are emptying Guinea's oceans - BBC News

Quote:
At the fish market in Conakry, Aboubacar Kaba, head of the Artisanal Fisheries Union, grabs a silver fish about the size of his forearm from the back of a refrigerator truck. "This is the most prized fish in Asia; the yellow croaker," he says, claiming this is what the illegal trawlers are after. The fish is now classified as endangered and has reportedly disappeared from Chinese seas because of overfishing. "In 2008 there were 14 Chinese trawlers in these waters," he says. "We're now in 2016 and there are close to 500 trawlers all searching for this species of fish." And, according to Greenpeace, many of these companies have a history of illegal fishing in the region. Hundreds of incidents of illegal activity by Chinese trawlers have been documented in West Africa over the years.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/chinas-artificial-islands-news-rumors/

Quote:
Fuel is not the only resource in abundance in the South China Sea. The region is one of the most important zones in the world for fishing. In fact, 12 percent of the global catch comes from the South China Sea. Astonishing as it may sound, this may be a far bigger point of contention than the fuel reserves. Fishing is a crucial industry for China, which is currently the largest producer of fish in the world. China accounts for 17.4 percent of the world’s marine catch, nearly three times that of runner up Indonesia, according to a report from the Center for Naval Analyses. China is also the world’s biggest exporter of fish products, with nearly $20 billion in exports in 2013.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-22-2016 7:14 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Totally not surprised.

12-22-2016 10:09 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Quote by Princess:

Now, I'd like everybody to look at this. That is a warning done out of genuine consideration.

The man who constantly yells about trigger warnings now praises them. WHERE IS THE REAL SHARP!?!

12-22-2016 11:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
Quote by Bill Cipher:
Quote by Princess:

The man who constantly yells about trigger warnings now praises them. WHERE IS THE REAL SHARP!?!

Oh I'm right here, and I'm as real as it gets boyyy.

"Trigger warning" is an alt-left concept that elements of social media came up about words. It's a form of censorship.

Hol was talking about a phobia, cause she's a dear friend and is kind. And the sea creature actually didn't hit it, because phobia by nature is irrational.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2016 12:54 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TL;DR

Sharpie appreciates trigger warnings but needs trigger warning about it being called a trigger warning

12-23-2016 1:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
TL;DR

Sharpie appreciates trigger warnings but needs trigger warning about it being called a trigger warning

"Trigger warnings" are vestiges of a dying thought process. Icarus flew too close to the sun and the wings are melting. White knight crusade is done, fall on the pikes as your horses flee.

A friend warning someone is not like that.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2016 2:40 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ya, I know, a friend warning ya that something could trigger a traumatic experience due do a psychological issue on your part def not a trigger warning.

I know Wink Eyebrow 2

12-23-2016 9:53 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The wall delineating what is and isn't a trigger warning just got 500 feet higher?

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2016 12:00 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Woah, now you're talking about building walls? Election's over.

12-23-2016 12:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Woah, now you're talking about building walls? Election's over.

All in all the election was just another brick in the wall Wink

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2016 1:01 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My favorite line about the Trump wall (paraphrased)

"Are you actually going to build a wall?"

"Yes."

"What, like, fences, or...?"

"Some of it will be fences. Some of it it will be... most of it will be a legitimate wall."

I think it was on Good Morning America or something similar. I dunno why it was funny, but it was

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

12-23-2016 1:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The problem is how deep can it be, because the "coyotes" (people smugglers, the colloquial term is coyote. Yeah there's basically a human trafficking black market, pile people into godawful conditions because they're desperate and they are used by crime syndicates. It's not a glamorous escape to freedom deal) do tunnel networks sometimes.

Screw feel-feels I'm talking logistics. There are organized crime syndicates that do this. You wanna stop them you'd best come correct. I think cartels may even have a hand in that business and those are not to be trifled with.

The wall stuff was just a campaign slogan. You wanna get legit about border security you need to go full spectrum dominance and involve every possible tool. And really the people we need to worry about are not migrants coming up to pick oranges or shit (there's a bigger threat, and it's not coming from south of the border, down mexico way..although said threat might use that as a vector if it's porous.)

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » The Ocean is fucking AWESOME