What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-26-2016 1:49 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey folks! Nice to meet you all, sorta. About 99.9% of you probably have no idea who I am just by my name. I think only Hollow would know since I've spoken to her lately, though XP might be aware as well... if these were the names they went by either, hah.

A bit of an introduction is in order then. Many many years ago, before TDottle was made, I was a member of a forum that the founders of this board, as well as what I assume are most of its regulars but I could be wrong, frequented and engaged in a lot of roleplaying by the name of AwAnime.net. I had several names, but I think the most common one I was known by was Stubborn Asshole... wait, no, sorry. I mean Trev Lunar. There was also Tenki McCloud. So if that name's familiar to you, hey! How's it going?

It's been a VERY long time since I spoke with anyone related to those boards. The only people I've kept in contact with has been Chaotic, or Chao-One as he goes now, and SpriteManX... and more recently, a bit of contact with Hollow to find this place again. I've had my reasons for this, and over the past 10+ years a lot about me has changed. I'm still a stubborn asshole sometimes, but I try to not be a complete dick as I was back then. One thing in particular that has changed is that I've been trying to work as an independent story writer for a living.

So why am I posting here now, and why in this specific part of the boards? For those who do remember me, I engaged in a lot of roleplaying as well. Eventually, I chose to retire from roleplaying (which stripped one of the main reasons I'd come to these various forums) and instead just turn what I created in those days into original stories. I recently had the first chapter of one story produced that I wouldn't have ever made into a story if not for folks like XP, and I've always tried to keep myself aware of the fact that this story (and any story I've made) is because of XP and many others, as it utilizes a lot of the characters I roleplayed as back then. As such, I wanted to be able to share this with XP and all those I met way back when... however, I don't know how to contact anyone except XP. So I figured that posting it here, on XP's board, would make it easier to find those who once knew me and played a part in influencing this.

If XP has an issue with me posting this up in what can seem like self-promotion, given I'm not an active member of the board, then I completely understand and will take it down. If not, I hope you like it and, if you happen to know someone from AwAnime.Net who you think this applies to, show it to them. If you ARE someone from AwAnime.Net and you happen to have had a name change... let me know who you are. Would love to be able to catch up with a lot of folks from way back then.

Alright, enough rambling. Here it is.

Star of Destiny | Tapastic Comics

And just to note, it reads from right-to-left.

P.S. There may be one or two awkward panels that I plan to get edited, so if you see one and want to point it out, feel free.
06-26-2016 6:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think most of the people left on this board besides X and Hollow had nothing to do with Awanime. There's just freeze and Dustin left

All the other regulars besides me are later additions

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-26-2016 7:08 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nah, I remember Trev. I came from AwAnime, too.

I'm still Ed, here. I've come and gone, but I started on Delta Star.

06-26-2016 7:13 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Haha, holy shit, I'm on the WayBack Machine for DS:

06-26-2016 7:54 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I honestly don't know how many people are here anymore, but I figured it was the best chance I had at finding any of 'em. Sadly, my own memory of those days is shitty, so for me most people are "I vaguely remember this person" (if I remember them at all) with a few exceptions (XP, Hollow, FireFreeze, Strider, NovaTriton). Edger, you fall on the vague memory list as opposed to the no memory list... which is something, given how I wouldn't expect a name like Edger to stand out to me. XD
06-26-2016 8:30 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, there's Edger too. As someone who never migrated to Awanime that slipped my mind

I read the first few pages. The shadowy guy reels of 2001 X. Dodging every attack thrown his way. Not sure if intentional Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-26-2016 8:37 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not intentional, but I do know that several ideas I use in this story did come out of my roleplaying days with folks like XP.

Seems I may need to find other places that Awanime folks gather. Not sure if Strider's website is still around (and can't remember the name of it anyway).
06-26-2016 8:41 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

not sure if strider is still around at all.... (this is hollow)

i'm on my ds so i cant read the link yet

Gerald Ford: If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave.

06-26-2016 8:59 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by hythrain:
I honestly don't know how many people are here anymore, but I figured it was the best chance I had at finding any of 'em. Sadly, my own memory of those days is shitty, so for me most people are "I vaguely remember this person" (if I remember them at all) with a few exceptions (XP, Hollow, FireFreeze, Strider, NovaTriton). Edger, you fall on the vague memory list as opposed to the no memory list... which is something, given how I wouldn't expect a name like Edger to stand out to me. XD

I might've gone by different names there, too. I'm not sure when I started changing them all the time. Edger, Pi, Tokopa, Tdrak, those are probably the only ones I would've used at DS.

06-26-2016 9:16 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey Hollow! Yea, I did some looking around before making this post and quickly figured out what you and XP went by. Jack Crawford is XP, right? I did look up Strider's name here, and it did come up and provide a website... but said website is long gone. I'd probably have to go get AIM again to find him, since I remember having him on an AIM account long ago... assuming he even uses it still. Probably not.

Given how inactive I was with these forums since 2004 and on, I wouldn't know. Edger does sound more familiar to me, but I'm sure over the years a lot of people changed names.
06-26-2016 9:29 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

SZO might be able to get you in touch with strider

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-26-2016 10:17 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have no clue who you are but the comic seemed solid enough and I wish you luck with it.

Round and round...

06-26-2016 11:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hi Trev!

Haven't had time to read the comic yet, but will later.

Yeah, we know SZO on Book of Faces. If you're looking for Strider he'd be the first to know. He has kids now!

Also I poked Freeze and told him you posted.
06-26-2016 11:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can't really base an opinion off of this, it's extremely vague and short (unless I am missing something)

06-27-2016 6:02 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nice to meet you, Gudetama!

SZO has kids? Oh god no... Nah, I kid, I'm sure he's a great dad. Also, hey XP! Or would you prefer Jack? Thanks for letting Freeze know, as well. As for Strider, might be worth getting a hold of him. I think the last time I spoke with him was 2008 or 2009. How've you been doing?

It's short and vague since it's not the whole chapter. To try and draw attention on Tapastic, I have to split it into parts. As such, it's in 5 parts of 9 pages (the first part is only 8 pages, but includes the credits page). I had planned to do each upload on Sunday, but I also wanted to get this post up for you guys now since the next few weeks are gonna be busy for me and I might not get the chance until... mid August, I think?
06-28-2016 10:24 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, I meant Strider has kids, sorry! Though SZO does too. Also I actually still go by X.

I've been fine. Got my Masters and am doing psychotherapy. Would have done IT stuff, but don't really like techie culture. What are you doing, by the by, aside from the comic?
06-28-2016 12:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You didn't mention that you're fucking me, btdubs

06-28-2016 1:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was going to mention later that you're sitting behind me, yes.
06-28-2016 1:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also Strider may def not be around cause he was attracted to psychotic fatties, had like three or four kids with several different fatties that he married for like a year then divorced all in a row, and last I heard of him he's pretty much destitute taking care of his repeated mistakes, so he may not even have internet access

06-28-2016 1:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Maybe he and brand share the same cardboard box

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics