What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-28-2016 1:15 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They both sell their hair and blood to make rent

That's a fancy box, you know

Karl Pilkington: If you sit in a bath of pineapple chunks, it can kill you. That's well documented.

06-28-2016 1:43 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also they found me getting into shouting matches with insipid 30+ year old anime fans, but it was a different animu board than AwAnime. So...hello?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-28-2016 2:25 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And he sounds like he's 80 but he's really not.

Karl Pilkington: If you sit in a bath of pineapple chunks, it can kill you. That's well documented.

06-28-2016 6:14 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
No, I meant Strider has kids, sorry! Though SZO does too. Also I actually still go by X.

SZO just has the one boy, but not custody of him still, AFAIK Frown

06-28-2016 6:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Being blunt here if I was a judge and saw SZO I wouldn't give him custody either

(since Enker doesn't know, last I saw him his rat-tail beard was bright purple and braided, also he lives and breathes the pokemon card game)

06-28-2016 7:02 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Y'know, I somehow had a feeling that was where you two were gonna go. Doesn't surprise me in the least (especially considering a peice of art I remember having see Hollow post on DA some years ago), and I'm glad things went that way. Congrats! :D

However, I didn't see psychotherapy to be the way you went, X. The IT thing I could see, though. That's pretty awesome. Better than where I ended up (More on that in a moment, as I'm gonna jump through the replies first and then answer about my own life).

Oh... well then, that's... erm... yea, might be difficult to get a hold of Strider in that case. That's... also pretty fucked up. I imagine this all happened since 2008/2009?

Also, hi Bill! Nice to meet'cha. I mean, unless you're also someone who had a name change and I've no idea who you are.

As for SZO, hmm... not sure what to think on that. I mean, when it comes to coloured hair of any type I can't judge since I recently chose to dye my hair blue for a while, just to see how it felt to do something like that before I eventually start losing my hair, but the impression I'm getting isn't favorable for him.

To wrap this up, things have been... well.. until recently, not good for me. I don't want to be a downer here, so stick with this through to the end. I spent a lot of time since 2004 dealing with depression (likely clinical, not gotten that fully tested and I partly don't want to know) and social anxiety, and it's only been in the past few years since I began attempting to get stories produced as comics that things have picked up for me. There was a lot of shit I learned about old incidents that played into fucking up my life, but beyond this I plan to keep this buried. No need to get into stupid shit. I had tried to get into web development and had failed at it, so for the past few years I've been on and off working in construction to get bills paid. However, I'd been writing since 2004 and a few years back I decided to make a more earnest effort to turn it into something I can do for a living, and while it's not sustaining me it's still be a good time. Helps me deal with my problems, so it's all good.

... Hope I managed to lift that out of being a downer. If not, I'll have to go hunt down some cat videos for you guys or something, ahaha.
06-28-2016 9:33 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Also, hi Bill! Nice to meet'cha. I mean, unless you're also someone who had a name change and I've no idea who you are.

Well I've been through several name changes (hence why you'll sometimes hear people say "sharpy" as a derivation) but nah I wasn't around when you were.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-28-2016 9:39 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's nothing of a downer, it's pretty close to what some of us have been dealing with (honestly, our lives are probably worse but I don't play the pity game)

And yeah most people wouldn't see the yelling nutjob that calls everyone demeaning insults as a "therapist" but as I have learned, all persons with psych degrees are pretty fucked up

06-28-2016 11:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Incase you remember me, I used to go by the name Boco. I certainly remember you, ENKER ^_~

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-28-2016 11:07 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I originally didn't migrate to this community but I couldn't resist my favorite twinkie for too long ^_^

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-28-2016 11:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hoo boy. Hahahaha.

I hope the writing has helped you feel better, Enk. Luckily you're in Canada, which has a good social safety net!
06-29-2016 9:35 AMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, still nice to meet you, Bill. :D

From the sounds of it, yea, seems like a lot of folks had it rough. What matters is how we deal with it. I may need some time to fully process that X is a therapist, but it's still pretty awesome to me.

Boco... yea, that name's in my head somewhere. I do remember it, but like many things it's all vague. I'm trying to recall any specific memories that would make me go "Oh shit that's right!" but I got nothing it seems.

It has helped a lot. I've gotten through some rather rough patches thanks to writing. Not sure I'd be around if not for that. I owe you a lot of thanks for that, X, since I doubt I would've ever pursued writing if I hadn't been role-playing on the same board as you. Suppose I should make a confession that was probably already assumed way back in the day but you can never be sure: I hadn't done any role-playing prior to having met you guys years ago. I was a stubborn shithead and back then I felt you were arrogant, so I tried to create an RPing persona for myself that had experience as means of trying to feel "equal" to you, not realizing I was being arrogant myself. After I stopped RPing with you all, though, my thoughts began to change and I realized what a dick I was. Of course, by that point it was 2005 and I had no involvement with any of the communities at all, so the chance to speak this all never came around... yea. Sorry about that, X. You were more of a stand-up guy than I had given you credit for back then, and I feel like a shithead for it.
06-29-2016 3:14 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Feel free to go to other threads - there's really no rules here so do what you will.

Ok there are some basic rules

1) No warez/links to torrents/rom sites/etc

2) Don't be a god damned pedophile

3) Don't use X's space to upload stuff to, then hotlink from

I think that's it

06-29-2016 3:59 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I barely care about 3, it's just mean. Frown
06-29-2016 7:10 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No worries, I'm sure I will. Just might take me some time, since I've not really done the whole forum thing since 2005 (meaning I'm just not used to it anymore) and the time I get to pop in is insanely sporadic. Smile
06-29-2016 7:19 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Enjoy these.

Everyone's favorite hoarder has a surprising number of oooooold sprites from the DS crew.

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 06-29-2016 7:19 PM.

06-29-2016 7:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wish I had the old Delta Star BBoard BGs.
06-29-2016 7:46 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Which?

06-29-2016 8:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's still there, MMX.

I'm thinking whatever background was there on the old oldddd Delta Star theme.
06-30-2016 6:02 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ugh, those ugly sprites. What the hell was I thinking when I thought THOSE were okay? I've tried my best to wipe those from my mind. Damn you, Edger! XD
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics