What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-30-2016 8:15 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pillow shading was totally in back then

Michael Crichton: It's not easy to cut through a human head with a hacksaw.

06-30-2016 11:18 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, I've got some terrible ones left.

I even put them all in a RAR. It saves no space, but they're out of sight unless I get adventurous.

07-01-2016 6:21 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You hoard worse than I.
07-01-2016 7:42 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You think that's bad? I still have most of the old HDDs that stuff was originally on, just in case. I really need an external IDE reader so I can finally see if they still function and recover ancient docs.

Who knows, maybe one has the DS background cached still Wink

07-01-2016 8:06 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh lawd.
07-02-2016 12:40 AMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wait, Edger, I think that background you linked before was just the background SMX used on Sprite HQ.

Also, pillow shading is just the worst. I don't even do sprite work anywhere near as much as I did back then, but I know to not do pillow shading.
07-02-2016 9:58 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that's from SMX. But there was a theme on DS that used it. Or here.

07-02-2016 8:14 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There is nothing sexier than esoteric hoards of pointless data... Why am I not sure if I'm joking?

07-03-2016 11:02 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
There is nothing sexier than esoteric hoards of pointless data... Why am I not sure if I'm joking?

Esoteric hoards of pointless data? Where. That's like most of my life. Let me at it.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-05-2016 7:27 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't want to imagine what else you have, Edger. Somehow it terrifies me.
07-05-2016 7:42 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

General rule is if you're not afraid you aren't paying close enough attention, so good move.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-07-2016 1:18 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's so many old threads here full of nonsense. Hol makes a habit of deleting some.
07-07-2016 3:33 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah some of them pretty much had to get got.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-08-2016 6:37 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I lost smod for deleting nonsense, and she's got free reign.

LET IT BURN

07-08-2016 6:47 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Like almost every day I come on here and delete threads that are like

"I'll be back tomorrow"

"guys i need a sprite"

*insert any isao thread here*

and it's so comforting

Michael Crichton: It's not easy to cut through a human head with a hacksaw.

07-13-2016 5:52 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sounds pretty cathartic, Hollow.

As for all the pointless data... Honestly, I was surprised anyone had held onto those old sprites I did. I mean, I know I did but the fact that someone else did still shocks me. Feels kinda surreal.

Also, made an update the other day. About 3/5ths of the comic are out now if you wanna check it out. Probably does a lot better in giving an idea of things now.
07-13-2016 11:15 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eh, history, even pointless history, is fun to look at.
07-15-2016 7:24 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Never know when you'll need to blackmail someone, and what's more embarrassing than things we did in our youth?

07-15-2016 7:44 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not much!
08-12-2017 11:35 PMhythrain is offline Send an Email to hythrain Homepage of hythrain Search for Posts by hythrain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So took me a while to get back here (A year? Holy fuck, what's wrong with me?)... I gotta say, Edgar, I'm now sort of glad you had those old sprites. It's given me something to compare my current pixel art skills against.

Case in point, I decided to make an example of that old "Zenkai" character, who I renamed at one point to Leon. This sprite is almost entirely from scratch with only the head being from an existing sprite (though it's also modified). I also only put about 2-3 hours max, so I know I could fix a lot of stuff on it still.
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » An Old Person Some Used To Know That Writes Comics