What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Pokemon GO: An Actual Nifty Phone Game» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pokemon GO: An Actual Nifty Phone Game
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-07-2016 12:28 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pokémon GO | Pokémon Video Games

It promotes going outdoors!
07-07-2016 6:46 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh thank god a gigantic cash pile for Nintendo

Conan O'Brien: When all else fails there's always delusion.

07-07-2016 8:43 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lots of server issues today.

Weather isn't the best, I don't feel like walking about. But I've got a bunch in the apartment.

07-07-2016 9:31 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Apparently my store keeps Drowzees in the back room from reports I have received. Was gonna fiddle with getting it going tomorrow probably in time for my convention wanderings.

07-07-2016 9:54 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We were all walking around the mall catching pokemon instead of working Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

07-08-2016 7:58 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I fired mine up, there's literally nothing around me for miles.

Oh well.
07-08-2016 8:06 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Diglett:
I fired mine up, there's literally nothing around me for miles.

Oh well.

Yeah my friends in rural AF Iowa have the same issue meanwhile I've seen a person in Chicago like literally surrounded by pokestops

07-08-2016 8:09 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I barely play Fallout Shelter (poor vault 186) so I dunno if I'll download another phone game.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-08-2016 6:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My friend Justin showed it to me and he caught a Magneton and a Caterpie with quick succession. He caught the Caterpie on the bus ride home!

Can you miss pokes, as in can they break out of the ball?

07-08-2016 6:13 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think they can.

PS: Maybe an excuse for me to finally get a smartphone!
07-08-2016 6:14 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah its happened to me a few times

im out of pokeballs right now so i ned to go for a walk to get more Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-08-2016 6:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh shit as you walk you get more things?

07-08-2016 6:17 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah there's poke posts all over the place, its mostly like little landmarks. so you gotta go to them and then swipe the screen and it gives you items

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-08-2016 6:27 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can't drive either, it checks speed.

One idiot almost got killed in a ghetto getting a Muk.
07-08-2016 6:36 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've lost 4 because the game has frozen once they're caught, and it doesn't resume when you come back like other games.

07-08-2016 6:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That happened to Justin today, I think it's cause he lost service for a short bit.

07-08-2016 6:59 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've had service the whole time, it's just glitchy AF right now because the launch demand is maxing their servers.

I'll probably wait to get into for a couple weeks, see if it's improved.

07-08-2016 6:59 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

(A bunch of us walked around at work today playing. There are 3 stops at my work alone.)

07-08-2016 7:00 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My understanding is if you live in an even remotely urban area, you're good.

Rural, you're fucked.
07-08-2016 7:07 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, the problem is that in those areas there was no one playing Ingress to get a bunch of photos uploaded, and apparently their approval process is atrociously picky and slow (like 12 months to approve slow).

So now that people in rural areas want to play but are screwed, they won't play, and it won't get fixed.

Of course, I'm only in this urban area for another month, so...

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Pokemon GO: An Actual Nifty Phone Game