What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Pokemon GO: An Actual Nifty Phone Game» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pokemon GO: An Actual Nifty Phone Game
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-08-2016 8:16 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There are a few gyms/spots near my work/home but I have to cross busyish streets to get to them and fuck that on a regular basis.

07-16-2016 1:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Somebody told me there's apparently spots...on the fucking national military park.

Yes, search for a bulbasaur on the site of roughly 51,000 casualties

Fuck this world.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-16-2016 1:37 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Somebody told me there's apparently spots...on the fucking national military park.

Yes, search for a bulbasaur on the site of roughly 51,000 casualties

Fuck this world.

It's built off the Ingress system which has points of historical/cultural importance as locations.

07-16-2016 2:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Great so we've got people only bothering to go to sites of historic and cultural importance so they can get a raichu.

Because we needed some way of making this country dumber.

Go to places where dead people, who hocked up things with more character than your average modern day person has in their entire body, died or sacrificed or accomplished something predicated not on...interest, or a desire to connect with the past, or because you want to reflect on this. But because of a fad video game.

And people wonder why I have such a sunny disposition.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 3:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well at least know one person still visits museums, libraries, and historical sites

(its me)

and x does too, he likes reading stuff.

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

07-16-2016 3:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You're good people.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 3:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You advance your pokes towards the center hoping to break the enemies line. Suddenly your charizard falls, then your mudkips, then your mew. Your pokes are being raked by anti-personnel fire. How is this possible? The smoke clears, and you see.

It's Gary fucking Oak Brigadier General Henry Hunt. Your wartortle was overshooting the target and you didn't even realize.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 4:47 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Great so we've got people only bothering to go to sites of historic and cultural importance so they can get a raichu.

Go to places where dead people, who hocked up things with more character than your average modern day person has in their entire body, died or sacrificed or accomplished something predicated not on...interest, or a desire to connect with the past, or because you want to reflect on this. But because of a fad video game.

Why is it wrong that it's a video game that's got people involved and connecting AFK?

Social programs and initiatives have been trying to do things like this for decades, but failed to motivate people. Now someone has.

07-16-2016 4:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Quote by Bill Cipher:

Why is it wrong that it's a video game that's got people involved and connecting AFK?

Social programs and initiatives have been trying to do things like this for decades, but failed to motivate people. Now someone has.

Read my post and it answers your question. I'd rather people actually go outside specifically to national parks or historical sites for reasons other than a damn video game.

And if the counterargument is "well at least they're going" then it speaks volumes about how far we're collectively falling. The idea of someone looking at a monument because they want a raichu instead of actually understanding the intent or purpose isn't really a thrilling notion.

Mea maxima culpa for not wanting people to be brainless drones glued to japanese cartoon monsters on their phones when they visit historic sites. I'm so out of bounds for this apparently.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 5:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, you're not. Society is collapsing. The government succeeded in doing what it has wanted to do for...god knows how long.

We're nice and fat (obesity rates are still rising), we're being worked to death (any retail worker here on Dot can tell you how abysmal that is), we're taxed to death (but you can come to a hearing and make your voice heard! but oh, you can't because you'll LOSE YOUR FUCKING JOB), the unemployed are so destitute they can't fight back (the media talks about how employment is doing well after the recession...it's all a bunch of BS. They're barely making enough jobs for citizens), and the "children of our future"...or should I say, the manchildren, are obsessed with digital entertainment.

Instead of staying informed on what's happening around the world, they sigh and say it's "too depressing" and delve into their entertainment. Or they're like Mav, and instead of doing anything at all worthwhile they just retweet/reblog/repost "social justice issues" and spend time in hippie-esque dream states where sitting in Zuccotti Park with a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing halfwits will actually accomplish anything.

I tried to do something by voting for Bernie God Damned Sanders, who I know Sharp no longer has any affection for, but that didn't get me very far. The bigwigs are trying to keep me down, too, wasn't accepted into any big name colleges. A poor person with intelligence is a threat. Once I get a stable job, and a salary, I will be putting myself into what's necessary.

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

07-16-2016 5:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

oh shit I pulled a Sharp I guess

07-16-2016 5:19 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The masses have always been about doing things for what's the affordable entertainment to take their minds off the world. Coliseum, plays, carnivals, NFL. Pokemon GO is just one of the many current ways we lose ourselves.

But it's one of the few where people actually engage positively with other people while doing it.

Everything can be taken as a sign that society is failing, if you want. Doesn't do much good to think that way.

I'm not going to try and change the world. I'm going to work hard to make the lives of my children better, instead of leaving them hanging like the last generation left us. If no one else is on that boat, then at least my kids will be ahead of the curve.

In the meantime, if playing a video game gets me engaged in physical activity and discovering sites I didn't know existed, then great. Unfortunately, the game's so fucking buggy I can't actually play it right now.

07-16-2016 6:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
The masses have always been about doing things for what's the affordable entertainment to take their minds off the world. Coliseum, plays, carnivals, NFL. Pokemon GO is just one of the many current ways we lose ourselves.

Opiate of the masses..

Karl Marx just texted me, he'd like his idea back.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-21-2016 9:18 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nerd gettin' mad because game is not 'sperginy enough
Quote:
Hit level 24, drove Valor out of town. There is nothing left to do in this game but sit at the commons all day, set up lures, and evolve weedles to level up. And I'm not about that life. Niantic should have put a lot more thought into the mechanics of this game. There is shit to do. Gyms are too much penalty and too little reward. No battling, no trading, and only having the original 150 pokemon makes it super stale.

This game needs more than a trading feature update. It needs a massive overhaul. Pokemon centers, a carry limit of six pokemon, pvp battling, and at least the Johto pokemon.

Until ALL those things, not some, are added into the game, I'm not touching it again.

I had hoped for an AR game that simulated the experience of a Pokemon Trainer, and instead got a collection based mobile game with no depth, and no point.

The only silver lining in all this is that I've made some cool friends. But I would hope to do other fun adventures with them.

Now ima just wait excitedly for Pokemon Sun and Moon in November.

Then his friends told him off for being so gung-ho about it, obsessing over it, then abandoning it within a week. lolnerds

07-21-2016 12:30 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So the fad hit the high water mark?

Good riddance.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-21-2016 2:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

only for 'sperginin' nerds. 'casuals' like my professors, who have lives and use ten minutes a day to play, love it.

07-21-2016 3:06 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

New game launches always have that problem of a few users power leveling and consuming all the content immediately and then complaining that the game is horrible. Then the majority of the playerbase consumes it at the rate they expect so that when you content is released those players are ready for it and they don't have these major complaints.

07-21-2016 4:47 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Can confirm this. It's why Dark Souls is so bad to play online.
07-21-2016 10:23 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also every MMO ever

08-08-2016 8:36 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eh, TSW isn't so bad.
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Pokemon GO: An Actual Nifty Phone Game