What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Your Favorite Color» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Your Favorite Color
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-19-2016 6:33 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Honestly most of the themes we killed were actively bad. Arctic Chill was an awful theme, eye searing. PlanetBlue is better.

The only regret I have is not saving the Green Rox style, but we'll make a nice minty one.
07-19-2016 6:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually i kinda regret axing Prinny too, because that banner was hi-larious.
07-19-2016 6:41 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Green Rox's greens were not top tier. I can build it better, faster...

Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back" always sounded a little girly to me.

07-19-2016 6:42 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:

It was a heavy loading banner for its time though

07-19-2016 6:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, banners just load once these days!

One day, what I'll do is make it so that the CSS of every design pack caches itself every so often, so the CSS doesn't have to be summoned every page load.
07-19-2016 9:18 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:

Prinny

07-20-2016 2:59 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
The CSS actually doesn't get cached. It gets called from the DB every page load. Check source.

Also, as I said, PlanetBlue is still around.

You're not caching the CSS? I thought you appended it with a version number so that it only pulls down if it's not cached/version's changed.

07-20-2016 3:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What happens is the board builds the CSS every page load.

I actually timed it, reworking the system to cache CSS would save 1 millisecond of server time per page load.

The question then becomes "well OK then, does the CSS check and retrieve on the user's end take less than one millisecond?".
07-20-2016 6:31 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also, what's the time it takes to send the CSS from server to user. That can be harder to measure.

Whatever works. I just thought you told me you appended version numbers.

08-21-2016 10:25 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
RED: ----- People who like red tend to be tigers in the sack. They are easily aroused and enjoy sex in every way imaginable. Once the sexual spark is ignited, it may take hours to extinguish. When two reds get together, the ensuing erotica could make Lady Chatterly blush. Lovers of red tend to be aggressors and weaker colors should be aware.

Eyebrow 2

08-21-2016 12:48 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's right weaker colors, watch out for the red menace. WOO.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-21-2016 12:54 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

She has red sneakers even.
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Your Favorite Color