What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Berserk» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Berserk
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-24-2016 8:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Way too many people complain about this anime for NO GOOD REASON. I would like to see them draw the details of an armored horse for 60 frames. The 3d modeling has really helped to make the series look authentic.

Are the characters stiff as boards sometimes? Yes. It looks awkward. So fucking what? It doesn't last the entire ep.

This is yet another case of internet fanboys demanding something cater to them, and to them only.

Necro: if you don't think roy batty was badass you're a Faggot and need to drink turpentine until you die of poisoning

07-25-2016 12:06 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

people these days are just haters, its ridiculous. the new series isnt manga perfect and the animation takes some getting used to, but it's high detail and faithfully recreates the spirit of the manga.

i'm okay with the adaptation so far, its hitting the right notes and its not speeding through the material like the golden age movies did, and we're getting actual black swordsman guts for once

and PUCK

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-12-2016 9:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

NJRebal: Calling it, Lucas gonna die.
NJRebal: OR NOT. GUTS FUCKIN DUDES UP

MajinNekuro: FUCK YEA
MajinNekuro: FUCK YEA
MajinNekuro: awwwwwwww
MajinNekuro: shit
Hollow: lmfao
MajinNekuro: shit is gonna get real here
Hollow: Yeah mang
MajinNekuro: fuckkkk
MajinNekuro: yesssssss
Hollow: XD

I love watching Berserk with you two

Necro: if you don't think roy batty was badass you're a Faggot and need to drink turpentine until you die of poisoning

08-12-2016 9:59 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

the rest of this series is going to have to be rushed and terrible for this to not be my favorite berserk adaptation. i am so stoked after episode 7

the golden age is alright but so overdone, this is MY berserk

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-12-2016 10:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Like Griffith is Griffith and all but yeah, this is so much better

NJRebal: HELL YEAH, WRECK THAT FUCKIN GOAT

Griffith is coming soon though!

08-12-2016 10:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"So that knight girl is just useless"

"HELL YEAH, FUCK THAT GOAT UP"

was my reaction at one point.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-12-2016 10:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh right it was "WRECK THAT FUCKIN GOAT"

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-12-2016 10:09 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Guts is my babbu though, like Arngrim (who is a ripoff of Guts anyhow, lmao)

How much shit has ripped off Berserk, anyway..?

Arngrim from Valk Profile, Dark Souls...what else?

08-12-2016 10:13 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

claymore is pretty similar to berserk, except starring women

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-12-2016 10:15 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

also yeah farnese is a weak character, its implied by this point she only got her rank because of her family (or is it implied yet in the anime, not yet) and because the knights of the holy chain always have a female leader. azan is for most purposes the real leader there

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-19-2016 3:30 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i feel like i'm living for every friday now

fuck the haters, the first few episodes adapted alot into a more streamlined intro, but it's pretty faithful to the manga right now and overall the pacing is good

should be the best berserk adaptation if it keeps this up

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-19-2016 3:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:
also yeah farnese is a weak character, its implied by this point she only got her rank because of her family (or is it implied yet in the anime, not yet) and because the knights of the holy chain always have a female leader. azan is for most purposes the real leader there

The one I saw, like, pretty much directly has a rank and file soldier saying "She only holds this rank because of tradition, coming from a well off family, and torching a heretic as a kid".

So yeah she's pretty much the ultimate example of a political appointee.

It's funny because this novel I'm reading about Petersburg has people going "Oh damn such and such, they only have that rank because of connections/politics/etc." and it's like "Oh, Farnese circa 1864"

edit: Also I need, like, a source for this where comcast wont shut it down. I presume there are probably links to it somewhere...I forget now the one I used or whatever. I only saw up to the satanic ritual bit.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-19-2016 4:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Kandi Kayne:
my babbu

So guts is a bad man, very very bad?

Quote by Alizarin:

08-20-2016 8:05 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Farnese is worst commander.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-22-2016 7:53 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:

i'm okay with the adaptation so far, its hitting the right notes and its not speeding through the material like the golden age movies did

Are they still worth buying? I saw the trilogy of movies on BluRay for like $25

08-22-2016 3:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How and why are there haters?

This is the only thing of that I've ever seen and it seems fine, unless I'm missing something here.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-22-2016 7:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There is a lengthy video about why it's so bad here by a 'spergin.

"Worst cgi skeletons ever"

"Recreating Miura's emotional art is not possible with 3d"

"characters positions arent clear it's confusing where they are standing, the rule of 180 is not followed"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's animeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hooooooooooooooly shitttttttttttttttt

08-22-2016 7:44 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...rule of 180?
08-22-2016 7:50 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A fucking cinema term
Quote:
In film making, the 180-degree rule is a basic guideline regarding the on-screen spatial relationship between a character and another character or object within a scene. An imaginary line called the axis connects the characters, and by keeping the camera on one side of this axis for every shot in the scene, the first character is always frame right of the second character, who is then always frame left of the first.

08-22-2016 8:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's no fucking camera, it's a goddamned cartoon. No physical camera exists for...THERE ISN'T A CAMERA YOU PISSBABY. DO YOU MEAN SHOT COMPOSITION? THAT'S ALSO PROBABLY NOT THE TERM YOU'RE THINKING OF. IT'S DRAWN.

Quote:
"Worst cgi skeletons ever"

How, in the tapdancing fuck, would they hand-draw every single skeleton when part of the damned premise is there are hordes of monster things confronting the protagonist. I mean just from a logistical perspective they had to do this, or else it would be untenable from a production standpoint.

No I didn't click the link, because his complaints make no damned sense. That's not criticism, it's just stupidity.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Berserk