What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Berserk» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Berserk
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-22-2016 8:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh and BY THE WAY. You wanna know who else violated the "rule of 180"?

Stanley Kubrick. Now please, internet person who maybe took a film course as a freshman, explain how he's a hack for violating your golden rules. I would dearly love to hear this.

Hold on, lemme get some snacks so I can just give rapt attention. I wanna hear how everybody who doesn't follow the rule of 180 sucks. Elucidate us on how "the shining" was terribly flawed due to violation of that in certain scenes.

I mean if berzerk sucks because the cartoon didn't follow it then I guess non-cartoons that violate it must also suck, right? Stands to reason, if it's such a big deal.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-22-2016 8:33 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i dunno if i'd say the golden age movies are worth getting. the second and third one dont have as bad pacing as the first, but overall they still kinda feel like a collection of greatest hits scenes. there's alot of things missing or glossed over or oddly edited out, and its not just sexual (homosexual) content

if you're not willing to read the manga, or start by reading the manga though i'd suggest it over the original anime series because that one is slow as molasses and the animation is ass.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-22-2016 8:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh so it IS kind of like Hellsing then (the comic is good, the original series is crap, and then they made a better adaptation)

What if you were unfamiliar with berzerk at all but like the new one, just stick with that?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2016 12:54 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

if you like the new series you're better off reading the manga sometime if you want to see what happened before it

if you havent been offended by it yet i'm sure you wont be offended by the stuff thats in the manga and not the animes

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-23-2016 12:55 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can read Berserk online easily.

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

08-23-2016 1:16 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:
if you like the new series you're better off reading the manga sometime if you want to see what happened before it

if you havent been offended by it yet i'm sure you wont be offended by the stuff thats in the manga and not the animes

How could it possibly be offensive? Guts is trying to save Casca [sic], who he loves, and he's confronted by demons and a military force and a literal black dog of depression. And I guess haunted by the past.

That seems like a legit narrative motivation and arc, I dunno how it'd offend people. It's fairly simple and has been done before.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2016 1:28 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's how you spell Casca, yes.

Also you forgot the effeminate man that killed all of his friends, but I can see why cause he hasn't fully shown up yet.

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

08-23-2016 1:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well he showed up in flashbacks, whatshisface.

Like he murdered everybody and violated casca and that's why guts wants revenge. And why the literal black dog is haunting guts, cause there's like a survivors guilt deal I think? Am I way off?

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2016 1:43 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

also sex

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-23-2016 1:44 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

violate would be...yeah, it's pretty clear why casca is messed up

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2016 1:47 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:
also sex

Oh or did you mean Farnese and the sword.

Farnese is just a weirdo in general and also was like demonically possessed. So that made sense given the context of the show.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2016 1:52 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

not farnese in general, just like, sex is part of the story of berserk. some of it is consentual, some of it, not so much

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-23-2016 1:52 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Here Sharp let me help you

Guts
- was born from a corpse hanging from a tree. Gambino, his father figure, was driving past with his wife, who was mentally fucked 'cause she lost a baby recently. She saw Guts/heard his cries and Gambino let her keep him, since he felt sorry for her. He already had it out for Guts, though, since he felt a corpse baby was rife with bad juju. Even so, he taught Guts how to fight and use a sword - Gambino was a soldier. After his wife died and Guts was a little more grown, Gambino whored out Guts to another man. Guts does not like being touched because of this. Even though, he ended up falling in love with Casca and gettin' busy with her.

Guts is cool you should read the manga to learn more

08-23-2016 2:01 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

there's also the king of midland and his ummm, desires for princess charlotte

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-23-2016 1:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I believe a Berserk box set is being released in Japan. Six episodes each. They will be having a VA event in April 2017.

I'm not sure how this goes in Japan but it seems like if they're having a VA event, the anime is being thankfully well received! Fuck YOU, stupid Americans/British/Canadians/whatever the fuck else that bitch and moan about trite bullshit.

I also wonder if the box sets will be like the new Sailor Moons? As in, retouched animation. And maybe uncensoring?

08-23-2016 8:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

berserk has been published in japan for 26 years now, its popular enough without the western fanbase to justify it's existence

i dont think japanese fanbases are as vocally annoying, they just are creepy and like loli shit? lol. its like people here either whine about sjw shit or hate everything

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-23-2016 8:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey, not everyone is Moose!
08-27-2016 12:05 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Moose apparently wants us all to die because...something about homos.

So we just don't discuss him.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-27-2016 12:40 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare’s Macbeth.

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. AND NOW I'M GONNA FUCKING CHOP THIS MOTHERFUCKERS HEAD OFF TO SAVE CASCA BECAUSE A SPECTRAL BLACK DOG IS REMINDING ME OF THINGS *Puck does puck stuff*"

Quote by Alizarin:

08-30-2016 2:55 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You know, after finding out what was going on in Bleach, I appreciate Berserk more.
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Berserk