What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Democratic Poll» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Should they be deleted?
Yes. 2 66.67%
No. 1 33.33%
Total:3 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page Democratic Poll
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-31-2016 6:41 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking today as I read old threads and saw how unfunny some were.

Should I remove the accounts of

- Mal

- Dungy

- Isao

- Damo

- Null aka Kovnt

- Krashu's fake friend he made up to look like he had friends, Iksorto Kram

If you vote Yes you can also select the ones you want gone, or say all.

I have some feeling X wont let me delete though cause it may cause a problem with this oldass software.

Gerald Ford: If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave.

07-31-2016 6:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You're right.

I removed user deletion functions for a special reason: so I could remove all the guest checks in threads etc.

I don't even see the damn point of guests. It's stupid.
07-31-2016 6:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Then we could at least merge them all into General Idiot again like we did with the rest?

07-31-2016 6:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I suppose, though they were prominent enough that I really don't wanna.
07-31-2016 7:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

X, killer of dreams

07-31-2016 7:24 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You know how I feel about history.

Preserve it ALLLLLLLLLLL

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

07-31-2016 9:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
You're right.

I removed user deletion functions for a special reason: so I could remove all the guest checks in threads etc.

I don't even see the damn point of guests. It's stupid.

I don't understand why deletion functions need to be removed in order to remove guest checks

Why can't you remove guests completely?

07-31-2016 10:05 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's what I mean. When you delete a user it turns all the posts they made into guest posts.
07-31-2016 10:07 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I see...

07-31-2016 10:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah.

See, what originally happened was that whenever you made a post, not only did it go "User ID 22 made this post", it also stored "Username Hol made this post" solely to accommodate guests and deleted users with names.

This, by the way, meant that every time you changed your name, it had to go and update every single post you ever made.

That's why it used to take so damn long to change your name. So I was like "OK, why do this to myself?" and disabled all guest crap.
07-31-2016 10:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How does this tie in to me not being able to delete ID 22?

07-31-2016 10:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When you used to delete a user, it simply zeroed out the ID of all posts with their ID. That's all it did, it kept the username so they could be identified.

But, since I removed the usernames being attached to posts...
07-31-2016 10:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So one would have to manually delete all the posts, is what you're saying?

07-31-2016 11:52 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:

This, by the way, meant that every time you changed your name, it had to go and update every single post you ever made.

That's why it used to take so damn long to change your name. So I was like "OK, why do this to myself?" and disabled all guest crap.

Yikes. Posts table stores usernames directly?

07-31-2016 11:56 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Kandi Kayne:
So one would have to manually delete all the posts, is what you're saying?

That's one, easy line of code, so not much work at all.

If post deletion is on the table, I vote yes if it includes mine, no if not!
I'm much more keen on making a fresh ass of myself, and I've saved everything I've ever needed.

08-01-2016 1:11 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Quote by Jack Crawford:

Yikes. Posts table stores usernames directly?

It used to, yeah. They wanted to make it so if you deleted a user, you'd have the name of whoever posted a post.
08-01-2016 10:52 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Woltlab, you mean?

Better ways the could have done it, I see why you changed it. If they'd had a Usernames table with ID as the PK/FK and Username as columns, and not set ON DELETE for the FK, then on user delete, everything is gone but their last display name. A simple join gets the current name for each post (like what you're doing now).

Really bizarre that they designed it initially to store dupe data like that. Let's normalize here, people.

08-01-2016 2:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would delete your old posts prior to 2016, sure.

08-01-2016 2:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love deleting shit and making the forum clean, X does not.

08-01-2016 2:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would also personally merge First and First with Independent George, and scrap the RP junk pile completely, leaving 6 forums under Jerkstore.

And the warp station/wasteland gone as well, leaving the media area with 4 forums. Less clutter, cleaner, precise.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Democratic Poll