What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » How do you create characters?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How do you create characters?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-20-2016 1:44 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

lmaooooooooooooo

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

11-20-2016 2:16 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Of course the FF14 website that lets you show characters won't let you disable the weird ass helmet I have equipped.

11-20-2016 2:53 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Patient:
I almost always go mage because I've had a magic boner since i was young. Usually build a character that looks like meish, only if I was attractiveish if possible because I'm both lazy and new ideas are hard. I prefer going support but offensive mage is fine too. I'll see if I can grab a pic of my FF14 guy from FB.

yeah i used to almost always play as some variation based of myself, if it let me play as a guy with long hair i'd be a pale long haired muscular guy with brown hair. if not, id be a pale brown haired muscular guy with the hair style i liked best out of what's available Laughing Out Loud

when i was playing fallout 3 after i finished it i jokingly made a second character to replay it as a badguy, making him black because black people are criminals (thats the joke). his name was fuckhead jones which everyone found hilarious, probably because its terrible and lazy

ever since then i've been making characters that are less me and just making the character i like best with what they make available to me

also, this is a picture of my character in skyrim outside riften. its abit older, he now has ebony armor and gauntlets with orcish helmet and boots. likely going to keep the orcish helmet since i like being able to see some of his face (plus armor rating doesnt matter after a certain point). i'd rather run around helmetless, but the extra armor score is nice and its an extra slot for enchantments, so it really doesnt make sense to not have a helmet on

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-20-2016 2:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess:
The game was a mirror of your actual house

Too bad the weapon racks they put in fo4 apparently only let you have one weapon per thing. Then it could be a bunch of guns hanging off the walls and bookcases

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-20-2016 2:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Usually build a character that looks like meish

Yeah, my TSW character apparently looks like me.

I can't find a pic where they aren't wearing a gas mask of some sort though...I do frequently have my sunglasses sort of up on my head when not using them, like the goggles for that one mask though.

Also no the graphics aren't messed up, it's supposed to look like that because you're
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-20-2016 3:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I usually have some weird skin color in Baldurs Gate, or hair color. It's pretty much what is "allowed" of me.

My berserker was a buff dark skinned woman with lavender hair or some shit. My pirate was

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

11-20-2016 3:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also lol necro's kitty guy is named Bonaparte?

My first FO3 character was named Westmoreland (vietnam general) so I can dig the reference stuff.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-20-2016 3:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess:
My pirate was

I'd post my thief/assassin..or did I go bounty hunter that time...but you're looking at it if you've seen my avatar.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-20-2016 3:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also here is my character from The Secret World, Calla "Myrsine" Horne. In game you're known by the quoted name only unless someone clicks your character. I'm not really sure if the quoted name is like, our nickname? Our secret cabal name? No fucking clue, I don't pay attention to the game, ask Sharp.

Myrsine is a plant name, Calla is a plant name (and also the name of one of my horsey toys growing up) Horne is a reference to Twin Peaks.

That's her but the horse is the actual star of the game now. Her hair is pink and she has on heavy makeup that looks like she hasn't slept in a day.

Here is one of my favorite outfits, my Trump cosplay

My av is my current iteration. I run around on a dead horse, which again, steals the show

11-20-2016 4:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I'm not really sure if the quoted name is like, our nickname? Our secret cabal name? No fucking clue, I don't pay attention to the game, ask Sharp.

Nickname, it's essentially like your "call-sign" I suppose, or that's probably what its supposed to be. It's what everybody else sees unless they click inspect on your character and then their full name is displayed.

Like, mine is Jack "Trilateral01" Corduroy, yours is what you just said, X's is "Yawk" because he's Francis York Morgan.

Call-sign is probably the best analogy because when you get mission reports from your handlers it refers to you by that.

Yeah the horses clip in a lot, it's sorta lol. Makes for odd screenshots sometimes but is lol.

Also I love how all our characters are just reference names (You've got a twin peaks one, my character is a combo of a lovecraftian horror novel series and gravity falls, and x is a direct replica of the guy from deadly premonition)

Oh then there was the time my character dressed up like the protagonist of the show "Justified" because the final season was airing. I even had the glock skin for the handguns.

Also here's x on his my little horsey but he's in different clothes than his yawk cosplay

Quote by Alizarin:

11-20-2016 5:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
My av is my current iteration. I run around on a dead horse, which again, steals the show

I wish I had gotten a screenshot of that, I remember you were like "please tell me the pink bow shows up".

Thankfully it did because that's just fantastic.

If you don't play TSW you may have been getting the impression it's sort of barbie dress-up with the clothes. And you're completely right.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-21-2016 3:26 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

what kind of mask is that in your avatar? looks like some kind of skull but i can't tell what kind. i'd kinda like to make a skeleton character too, that'd be pretty cool. i remember your pirate too. that was a fun time!

curious, what made you go vampire in skyrim sharp? i definitely won't be doing it this playthrough, since i'm a cat and i don't want to be a cat vampire (or cat werewolf) but would like to do both monsters someday. full vampire lord?

i'll take some pictures of my xenoverse 2 guy for this topic sometime soon but i havent put alot of time into that game to be honest. it wont be surprising for hollow or x what i made. went with namek, making him a melee build because i like hand to hand fighting more than ki beams

ok, going to include some more pictures this time, but before i do. more questions. in games that let you choose different races, do you consider each race's strengths, stats, abilities when you choose them and decide how to play them or do you mostly just choose whatever you feel like?

i mostly choose whatever i feel like, but if my chosen race supports an idea i'd like, i roll with it. like skyrim. khajit do extra damage unarmed. i like the idea of an unarmed fighter so i went with it, but i was going to be a cat person regardless of their strengths and weaknesses

also, included as pictures. my shepard from mass effect as she evolved in each game. i regret changing her haircut in 3 and when i play it a second time with her (and I will) i'm going to change it back to what she had in 1 and 2. it just makes her feel off. she was a vanguard, so to those who haven't played mass effect - it's like a mix of shooting and psychic powers. i didnt really utilize my powers until 3 though because i didn't understand the awesomeness that is biotic charge (which makes the game less of a shooter)

she has red hair and green and red armor because i had poison ivy in mind (just wish i could have given her longer hair)

and my boss from saints row 2. asian chick. wanted a yakuza flavour so she has a white blazer, but white pants or skirt was too white so i went with purple. the pink leopard shirt was to make her look more, i dunno, fashionable than a non print shirt. Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-21-2016 3:44 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

oh yeah, because i pretty much just make new characters i had to come up for a new name for my skyrim character. i was having trouble, couldnt think of anything specific i liked so i named him after my favorite historical figure

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-21-2016 9:28 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Garrus Vakarian:
what kind of mask is that in your avatar? looks like some kind of skull but i can't tell what kind. i'd kinda like to make a skeleton character too, that'd be pretty cool. i remember your pirate too. that was a fun time!

It's a horse skull I'm pretty sure. And yeah BG is almost always a fun time, unless you include Damo...that was shitty.

Quote:
in games that let you choose different races, do you consider each race's strengths, stats, abilities when you choose them and decide how to play them or do you mostly just choose whatever you feel like?

I do in BG. Thankfully you don't really see the characters too well so if it's a half-elf that's not really different than a regular human. Or a half-orc, even. I will play whatever gives me the bonus to smashy-smashy. If the class was cool enough I would probably just deal with the stats I don't like.

11-21-2016 12:09 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm. I check out race stats, mostly to get a feel for what that race is suppesed to feel like. I like to pick the race that suits the motif or theme I want to play as.

Since I usually go thief and stealth first, that leads to being Halfling or Khajit. Halflings are hidden, out of sight. Cats are slinky.

Technically, Elves make great stealth chars too, but I usually use Elf when I want to have an arcane persona.

So, it helps build my character head canon. Helps me decide how to interact with NPCs and such.

11-21-2016 10:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I went dark elf because there were stealth bonuses

Quote:
curious, what made you go vampire in skyrim sharp? i definitely won't be doing it this playthrough, since i'm a cat and i don't want to be a cat vampire (or cat werewolf) but would like to do both monsters someday. full vampire lord?

It seemed to fit with the general stealth thing (vampires traditionally being, you know, sneaky and all in feeding). I was gonna go assassin route anyways so why not add in "oh, also you can feed off people"

Also I'm not gonna lie, the idea of swapping the characters gender via the console and renaming them "Marceline" like the cartoon character was funny once I got infected with the vampirism thing. I went dark elf both times though, my first guy was just when they did that free trial weekend, then when I got the ultimate edition with all the DLCs folded in I restarted. I was only like level 2 anyways.

The vampire lord stuff was also a perk cause you eventually just become like...death incarnate once that levels up more.

I almost went with the dawnguard, but then I realized "I don't like crossbows as much as I thought I would" and I think that's kinda their main perk.

Also specifically the skull mask hol's avatar has was the result of the "big community wide investigation" in secret world for the recent halloween event....yeah that was pretty much it, summoning the horseman and then bowing before it and you got the mask.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-21-2016 10:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also an odd one was the genesis of "Abigail" from fallout 4. (already posted screens tho)

That's kind of an odd one. Because Fallout 4, somewhat controversially, introduced voiced protagonists. Which you rarely see in these unless it's like deus ex or something where you're not totally creating the character.

Around when this was announced I happened to be playing "The Bureau: Xcom declassified" and realized the voice of the female sole survivor was the same person who did a voice in that. So I basically decided "If I'm gonna have to actually hear the character yapping the lines, why not go with something I'm used to". Especially cause I had resolved to go for a speech and pistol based one so they'd be talking a lot.

The name of course came from, much like how nec did it, a historical figure. In this case Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams. Seemed to perfectly fit the setting too since it's set in Boston.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-23-2016 5:55 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mass effect and the newest Dragon Age have voiced protagonists, actually. Bioware games tend to have more focus on characterization too, so fallout 4 isn't really an outlier but rather part of the trend video games are making towards everyone being fully voiced

It'll probably be awhile before elder scrolls 6 but I kinda can't imagine a game in this series with a voiced c player character to be honest. There's so many races to choose from that it's just hard to picture. Still, Saints Row gives you voice options for the Boss, so I dunno, anything could be possible

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-23-2016 5:56 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And Shepard and the inquisitor (dragon age) pretty much are your characters too

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-24-2016 3:48 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Bioware games tend to have more focus on characterization too, so fallout 4 isn't really an outlier but rather part of the trend video games are making towards everyone being fully voiced

Well, outlier in comparison to every other fallout (except maybe "brotherhood of steel" on the ps2 but nobody really likes to admit that exists). That's probably where the flak came from.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (7): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » How do you create characters?