What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » How do you create characters?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How do you create characters?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-25-2016 12:19 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, it's different in context of Fallout but it makes sense in relation to the direction the video game industry is going.

I'm indifferent either way. Voice acting is fine as long as it's well done, but I'd rather take no voice over than poorly done ones. From what I heard the issue alot if people had with fallout 4 being voiced wasn't that it was voiced, but they felt conversations were alot more limited as a result

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-25-2016 12:27 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah that was a thing, the conversation options seemed more limited. That's the trade-off, I mean you can't logistically have voice actors doing as much dialogue for like every possible route like in 1 or 2 where you could have your character so dumb they could barely speak or just a genius that confused everyone.

(I don't think I ever tried the super low or high intelligence routes in 3 or new vegas really. NV I kinda made a somewhat intel based one once.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-27-2016 12:48 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I tend to always go mage who JUST SO HAPPENS to look exactly like me.

My most famous iteration is the Dark Souls version of me. Part of the reason I don't play DS3 as much as the other two is that you literally cannot be blonde, the character hair colors are buggy.
11-27-2016 5:28 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can make blond/albino characters in skyrim Trollface

Seriousky I wish I could give my characters glasses. I'd like to make Dr. Wolfgang von Heuren again and play as a werewolf character, but there's no spectacles to be seen. He needs corrective vision

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-27-2016 7:00 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Maybe there's a mod?

11-27-2016 8:20 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Can't use mods with external assets on ps4

No big deal just means he won't have glasses Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-28-2016 1:17 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Garrus Vakarian:

Seriousky I wish I could give my characters glasses. I'd like to make Dr. Wolfgang von Heuren again and play as a werewolf character, but there's no spectacles to be seen. He needs corrective vision

This is why you play on PC.
11-28-2016 2:29 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's not really that big a loss

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-29-2016 7:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

New Vegas had a thing where not only could you get glasses, you could have a trait requiring them.

Or not quite requires, but the glasses suddenly become important. I never used it so I dunno if you can kind of cheese it somehow (I think with one particular pair of special eyeglasses or sunglasses you gain slightly more than the normal bonus)

edit: Wait can't use mods with external assets? Or does it have to be converted into console version and done through bethesda's launcher?

Because there is an eyeglass mod, I just saw...but they're the old school eyeglasses. Like the "held by the nose, not the temples" type

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-29-2016 7:44 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I saw the perk for glasses in New Vegas when I tried out my copy to make sure it worked (I bought it used)

Sony won't allow external assets with mods for security reasons. It'd be nice to be able to add things like glasses or capes to characters, but eh it's not a big deal

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-29-2016 10:41 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know some of the pc mods got ported over (or rather, remade to conform to the console regulations) so that could...possibly happen

Did you get NV with the DLCs or just base NV

Quote by Alizarin:

11-29-2016 11:20 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The mods available on ps4 don't use external assets. They can on Xbox. Eitherway it'd not a big deal to me, most of te ones not available to me that I'd use are cosmetic so it really doesn't matter

I have base NV right now. I'm interested in the dlc but it'll be awhile before I even get to the game. After Skyrim I'll likely want a break from Bethesda from abit, not because their games are by any means bad

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-30-2016 12:03 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If you get the NV ones the closest thing to an "order" is lonesome road probably is last

Quote by Alizarin:

11-30-2016 12:46 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'll keep that in mind when i eventually play it. i made a black guy i named bautista, somehow my rosarch answers made me better in melee than shooting

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-30-2016 9:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

okay so this is bonaparte as of now

i've broken the armor cap without helmet now so he had max physical resistance. i lose two enchantments by not having a helmet but no big deal. unless i find an armor i prefer this will be his look for the rest of my game. if i could mod in a cape i would but its cool

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-30-2016 9:52 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Very nice details.

I'm currently reinstalling Skyrim. I upgraded my SSD and am reinstalling tons of stuff.

I added in a lot of cosmetic mods, and my character looks way different now.

At some point I need to get my laptop's save file over to my desktop. Completely different character type going on there.

12-01-2016 8:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I should get an SSD sometime.
12-02-2016 6:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'll keep that in mind when i eventually play it. i made a black guy i named bautista, somehow my rosarch answers made me better in melee than shooting

Yeah the game pretty much throws up a message saying "Are you sure you wanna do this before (certain level)"

Narratively it's last if you care about that sorta thing, but also progression wise.

Oh also though you get locked out if you finish the campaign first. It's not like skyrim/3/4 where you can keep going after "finishing"

And yeah ssd's seem neat

Quote by Alizarin:

12-02-2016 9:24 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't restart my PC often, so I don't notice the boot time improvement that much, but I definitely notice the installation time improvements and some file-transfer stuff. Until the upgrade, only my Microsoft apps were on it, because MS wouldn't let me install elsewhere. Word/Excel, etc boot instantly, as if I just had the window minimized.

12-02-2016 9:27 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't got my other save up and running yet, but here's my Khajit with some of the cosmetic mods. This cool one redid the textures for the dragon priest masks, and I really like it. (Another one did entirely different models and textures, but the one I like was this weird mouth with teeth and it ruined my motif.)

I'm not a monster.

I am elegant death. Everything belongs to me.

(Also, this 2MB limit suuuucks)

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 12-02-2016 9:28 PM.

Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » How do you create characters?