What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Twin Peaks» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (22): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Twin Peaks
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-25-2017 3:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just fucking died inside seeing Leland telling Coop to find Laura.

Frown

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

05-25-2017 5:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Supposedly the movie helps the show make sense
05-26-2017 12:45 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

After Twin Peaks was shown at Cannes, Lynch got a 4 minute long standing ovation. That's a long-ass time to clap.

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

05-26-2017 2:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

oh my god

05-26-2017 2:45 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

From my understanding the "extended ovation" thing at Cannes isn't totally unheard of but, still, yeah.

Also that is wonderful.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-26-2017 3:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well it's unheard of considering they fucking BOOED Fire Walk With Me, and Twin Peaks isn't even a movie (I think it's the first tv show shown at Cannes?)

05-26-2017 4:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
The wind fish egg is probably loosely based on the black lodge, it was also the first Zelda game with an owl in it, and the weird petroglyph in the face shrine is like the one in owl cave in Twin Peaks.

that videogame i played like a billion times over was ....

no

you lie

05-26-2017 6:46 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
After Twin Peaks was shown at Cannes, Lynch got a 4 minute long standing ovation. That's a long-ass time to clap.

So did Adam Sandler.

05-27-2017 3:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Quote by Struggler:

So did Adam Sandler.

Not....entirely.

The one you mean wasn't written or directed by him. I think it's that noah baumbauch guy. Not really familiar with their work but I'm pretty sure they're one of those critically liked directors/writers/something.

Remember, the consensus is that paul thomas anderson's 'punch drunk love', again just having him read the lines and actually try to act according to direction, was warmly received critically.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-27-2017 3:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Since I dunno who watches it when, it's best if we keep all speculation within spoiler tags

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

That may be incredibly superficial and I'm way off.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-27-2017 4:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I said in another thread "This is David Lynch and Mark Frost doing whatever they want"

Watch Chromatics' Video for Song They Played on 'Twin Peaks' - Rolling Stone

If David Lynch likes a thing and feels it fitting, I would expect it occurs. We're just buckled up on Mr. Lynch's rollercoaster (and I can't wait).

Quote by Alizarin:

05-27-2017 6:26 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Twin Peaks Season 3 episode 1 [New Intro]

Look at the opening, it's similar but the waterfall falling into the river/lake and overtly mentioning Lynch and Frost.

Also that opening is very Lynch-ian. This seasons gonna be different.

(I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW BEN HORNE! REMEMBER THE RED ROOOOM. I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW LUCY! THEN I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ONNNN.

But really that's what I like, all the stuff from the show isn't fanservice it seems to be going to a point.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-27-2017 9:43 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The fan edit of FWWM was good.
05-28-2017 1:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is it the "teresa banks and the last days of laura palmer" one because I'd heard that was good.

I think that adds in the footage Lynch had to cut and possibly reorders some stuff. I'm not familiar exactly.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-28-2017 6:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:

Struggler has attached this image:

The Giant: I'm gonna have to stop you there agent cooper. Not only do ALL of these entities and victims exist, but they have been asking for ther garmonbozia on a DAILY BASIS. IT'S ALL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THE BLACK AND WHITE LODGES.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-28-2017 10:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hol, I think you were right with a theory.

I'm not saying its going in that direction, I very much doubt it, This is rampant speculation based on circumstantial stuff from the show and movie.

Also
Very cool...Twin Peaks was progressive before that was cool, and that reaffirmed it.

Also

Quote by Alizarin:

05-28-2017 10:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also like I said, this is just totally David Lynch with zero filters or restraints...I think

It's wonderful, he's just doing him with both barrels.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-28-2017 11:05 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Alizarin:

05-29-2017 9:11 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

1. I like the speculation that the bb bar is a dream or coma dream from James. Like he was in a motorcycle accident and that's why the girls were looking at him and saying he was cool lol.

2. Listen to the sounds. Evil Coop speaks backwards a tad, and some of his movements are backwards. Also his voice is different through speakers, like electronics don't let him obscure it or something.

05-29-2017 4:34 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

WOW. That is interesting. I had not even thought of that first theory but.....I kinda can see that.

As for the second one...that's a very good point (some of that is possibly just how Lynch likes to film things, the distorted sounds, it is one of his quirks...but it could also be a thing), I had a different reading on that scene, if you'll indulge me.

I'm probably way off on any speculation. That's fine though and, to reiterate yet again, one reason I'm so glad this is back...I love being wrong and just enjoying Lynch and Frost's wild ride through this narrative.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (22): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Twin Peaks