What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Twin Peaks» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (22): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Twin Peaks
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-29-2017 7:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay so now everybody has seen episodes 1 and 2 right....should I put this in spoilers? It's not really about the plot.

I wanna talk about like the filming and all.

That scene where it's the car just speeding down the road in the night and the headlights illuminating the road, while like this messed up music is blaring.

Is it just me or is that just pure Lynch. Like these are visual and auditory concepts he tends to incorporate in his work.

Motifs, if you will. As I've said, this is apparently Lynch (and Mark Frost, let's not forget him) being unrestrained and pandering to nobody except his own interests....which is either gonna turn people off, or it'll be fantastic. I can see this being very divisive. It's been described as an 18 part movie I think.

In fact episodes 1 and 2 seemed to be referencing, at least in terms of cinematography and editing and whatnot, A LOT of his work. From Eraserhead to Twin Peaks to other stuff. Just in the way some of the scenes were shot and all.

Some of those shots of the machines/computers seemed reminiscent of Eraserhead and the whole ominous industrial shots is the most direct example.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-30-2017 3:26 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'm watching episode 4 as i type

i'm dying, kyle maclachlan is amazing

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

05-30-2017 4:13 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh god that was hilarious.

I have no idea really what that was in terms of like the narrative..I have a theory, but yeah it was great and kyle maclachlan was just going for it. (I think I know what you mean)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

He's just "going for it" in general. All the facets of the character (or facets..doppelgangers..whatever. Evil or normal or funny he's very good at all of those.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-30-2017 4:22 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hellooooooooooooooooo

that and once he arrives home. it's just so hilarious

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

05-30-2017 4:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

New theory

Quote by Alizarin:

05-30-2017 9:41 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dougie was made by Bob. Its why Mike holds up the ball and says "you were lied to" or something along those lines.

Its why dougie had the ring on. It bound him to Bob. Dougie served as backup in case this whole lodge escape didn't work out.

Good coop was supposed to go back into evil coops location/body but instead got dougie. Good coop is kinda Durrrr... because he's between worlds.

Evil coop is still speaking backwards a bit because he's between worlds as well, or at least losing grip on reality and being called back to the lodge.

Jeffries is in a time paradox... Or just stuck in a lodge. But I dunno why he'd be able to get out of the lodge.

Please note this is just pure speculation cause its Lynch. Lol

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

05-30-2017 5:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The ring thing comes up a little more in Fire Walk With Me as I recall.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-30-2017 8:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
cause its Lynch. Lol

Can we talk about

Because I feel like that is, again, pure Lynch. Like the idea just amused him and he decided to do it. And it almost makes perfect sense because one of his preoccupations in his work seems to be kinda old-timey americana '50s stuff.

I kinda loved it, because...yeah that is just such a Lynch thing. It's one of those moments where you're just like "Yeah, why not. That's a thing that's happening now."

Quote by Alizarin:

05-30-2017 9:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ITT: Everybody for the next couple of weeks

Homer Simpson Watches Twin Peaks

Quote by Alizarin:

05-30-2017 11:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Internet hates their kid but I also found that part hilarious

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

05-30-2017 11:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
Internet hates their kid but I also found that part hilarious

Yeah....they're not gonna like this season then. Cause so far season 3 is gonna totally be Lynch and Frost with zero restraints.

Things like this will happen.

Besides, this is absolutely the kinda screwball oddness that is the character of the town of twin peaks. Of course lucy and andy would have a kid that acts that way....once again, this is a show where a woman speaks to a log and the local cops believe in their revelations. You should probably expect weird and funny crap like this.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-31-2017 12:03 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
hellooooooooooooooooo

that and once he arrives home. it's just so hilarious

You broke that one. You broke it real good.

Quote by Alizarin:

05-31-2017 12:05 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can stop spoilers. We all watched up to EP 4

06-04-2017 9:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Alizarin:

06-05-2017 3:18 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ernie!

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-05-2017 2:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ahahaha I know. I was sitting there going "Wait a second that's...IT IS"

Quote by Alizarin:

06-05-2017 3:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So we've got the big overt references to DougieCoop remembering his old identity. The coffee, fixating on "Agent" and "Case File" when they're said to him.

....What about the statue though, was that possibly another one. I couldn't really tell if it was supposed to be a generic cowboy or was it supposed to be an old west sheriff

As in Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department or just "Lawman" in general.

edit: Forgot one, that sort of green flash or whatever and immediately identifying the one insurance...adjuster or whatever as lying. Which sorta ties into cooper's whole like oddball zen or mystic whateverness/possible connection to stuff like the lodges

Quote by Alizarin:

06-05-2017 4:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm positive its the lawman thing he's obsessing over.

But enough about tardcoop. Wtf about evil coop, how did he do that?

06-05-2017 4:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
find Laura.

I'm thinking this may somehow tie in with the Amanda Seyfried character who's name I'm forgetting (the one who goes into the diner and asks for money then does coke or whatever with her boyfriend in the car)

Remember Shelly makes some comment in...one of the early episodes about her daughter being with the wrong guy, and when she's at the diner the other lady says something like "You've seen how this works out"

Yeah. Shelly's daughter seems like Laura Palmer 2.0 or seems to be in a similar pattern, which could mean Laura is somehow connected tangentially...maybe that's why she got torn out of the waiting room/lodge like that.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-05-2017 4:30 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Becky.

I thought she had correlations with Shelly herself, since Leo was a drug runner and all, but laura makes more sense...

What's getting my goat most about the internet is how sjws are complaining that Lynch is depicting most of the women in twin peaks in a negative light. The sheriffs wife is going to be the new bitching point.

Pages (22): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Twin Peaks