What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Humble Bundle» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Humble Bundle
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-04-2017 12:43 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just wanted a place to announce and ask about the bundles.

So, right now it's most Assassin's Creed games for $15 (less if you don't want Unity and Brotherhood)

Humble Assassin's Creed Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

Someone told me it lacks Revelations? Is that newer? What are these Chronicles games? Anyone played?

01-04-2017 1:01 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've played through every main Assassin's Creed except Syndicate, though I do have it. I haven't played through the Chronicles games, but they're 2.5D sides drillers set in historical China, India and Russia (Russian Revolution)

I like Revelations, but it's third game in the Ezio trilogy, the first two which come in the Bundle (AC II and Brotherhood). I liked Brotherhood the most of the three, Revelations the second most; but considering it's the final act it's not a big loss if you don't know if you'd like the series. AC II although my least favorite of the three is probably the most complete game of the 3

I quite like the series and if you can get them as my a good price they're a steal. I played through most of them when I was sick in 2015 because I found them cheap and I don't regret it at all. The story in the earlier games is pretty neat, mixing a continued modern narrative with episodic historical narratives. Plays with history and uses figures and biblical references (there's artifacts you search for in the series, thr apple of eden being one of them, but it's not really what you'd expect). They just set you in historical cities and you run around killing targets and climbing buildings. Once you get used to climbing buildings it feels abit weird to not be able to climb all over the place in other games Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-04-2017 1:06 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pretty much goes like this

Assassin's creed (The Crusades: Jerusalem, Damascus, Acre)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Renaissance Italy)
Assassin's creed Brotherhood (Italian Rome)
Assassin's creed Revelations (Istanbul/ not included)
Assassin's creed 3 (American Revolution: Boston and New York)
Assassin's Creed 4 (Caribbean and pirates)
Assassin's Creed Rogue (New York and Atlantic Canada)
Assassin's Creed Unity (Revolutionary France)
Assassin's creed Syndicate (Victorian England)

Also in Assassin's creed 2 you fight the pope in a fist fight

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-04-2017 1:20 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Holy shit I'm sold on the pope fist fight

Dali: There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.

01-04-2017 2:05 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I remember you talking about that Laughing My Ass Off

01-04-2017 4:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Weren't some of them vita games and more limited comparatively or something

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-04-2017 6:19 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's only one Vita game that I know about and that's Liberation. You play as a black woman freeing slaves

Assassin's creed isn't perfect but it gets shit on alot unnecessarily.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-06-2017 1:36 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I got Syndicate as a Christmas gift and I don't like it much. Unity was ok but not great. The last one I enjoyed was Black Flag.

AC2/3/4 are all good stuff, I can't speak for the rest and AC1 hasn't aged well. I don't like how aimless the newer games seem in terms of story. They're decent virtual tourism though. Also you can hijack carriages GTA style in Syndicate

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Humble Bundle