What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » The IAT» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The IAT
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-26-2017 2:24 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thanks Edger now I can't stop taking tests

I agree with you and don't see how this is science, honestly. Your brain gets confused when the stuff is switched around, and it's more of a video-gameish reaction instead of hard science.

Regardless, I have

- a slight preference for abled vs disabled
- a strong preference for straight vs Gay
- a strong automatic association for Harmless Objects with Black Americans and Weapons with White Americans. (only 1% of people get this result wtf)
- a slight automatic association for Male with Liberal Arts and Female with Science. (6%)

I'm taking more later

Michael Crichton: It's not easy to cut through a human head with a hacksaw.

01-26-2017 6:59 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh shit, look what I started!

I wonder if you take more tests you overcome the brain confusion.

The Male -> LA and Female -> Science is interesting!

01-26-2017 7:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This like an online thing.

Quote:
Weapons with White Americans.

Maybe you've just been paling around with me long enough it skewed the results

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-26-2017 7:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
This like an online thing.

Quote:
Weapons with White Americans.

Maybe you've just been paling around with me long enough it skewed the results

That and I grew up in a heavily black area of MD so I am not like...afraid of them or whatever?

01-27-2017 6:52 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But is it an online thing cause now I'm curious, it sounds like it could be a fun time killer at least.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 6:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...it is.

Here is the link

01-27-2017 7:09 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Got a slight automatic preference for Dark Skinned People over Light Skinned People.

Again, makes sense, considering where I grew up

01-27-2017 7:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed

Oh shit there's stickers a disclaimer right at the start.

There's like a bunch of these....which one is everybody doing.

edit: The weapons one didn't wanna load. (I doubt it's testing what it sounds like it's testing. It's probably not "name that gun")

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 7:30 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I took

gender-science
weapons
skin tone
sexuality
disability

I'm going to take race now

01-27-2017 7:38 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

For race I got a strong automatic preference for African Americans over European Americans.

01-27-2017 7:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Almost done with the gener-science one and I can already tell I botched it at a couple of points (too quick on hitting the button, I think...also it maybe penalized me for not giving a zip code or a profession cause nothing really fit the current situation)

Quote:
Here is your result:

Your data suggest a slight automatic association for Male with Liberal Arts and Female with Science.

Well..it is me after all so that could be a factor.

I'm not saying the test is wrong, just that I may not be the best arbiter of that considering Hol is the science expert and I'm constantly yapping with her and I'm...well...you know, with my major and all.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 7:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You cannot "botch" these tests. Also, the extra questions are just for their research and aren't required. They're just trying to see if a guy who does public tours on historical stuff associates males with liberal arts

And it seems like he does, which probably fits their hypothesis

01-27-2017 7:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Intriguing, considering in all my experience it's been roughly equal in terms of gender ratio. Going back to college courses even.

I have no clue what the ratio is in STEM fields because my only association with that is...well yeah through you and a couple of other people I know. Whole different universe basically.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 7:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
You cannot "botch" these tests.

I'm like confused about their methodology I think, like it said word matching.

edit: Also it said I got one wrong because I thought "what if they just have a tan though". Also I almost said a cell phone could be constituted as a dangerous object considering the world of improvised explosive devices we're living in.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 8:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Confused how? It judges how long you take to associate words with objects or thoughts or whatever.

If it takes you longer to associate the word "liberal arts" with "male", that means you associate that thought/word with females more often.

01-27-2017 8:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

OHHH IT'S A TIMING THING. I get it, I think.

Quote:
Your data suggest a moderate automatic association for Harmless Objects with Black Americans and Weapons with White Americans.

Okay?

Again part of me is curious if it's skewed because I'm a honkey who finds weapons fascinating.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 8:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol the president one.

Quote:
Here is your result: Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Barack Obama over Bill Clinton.

Wait. No. It's correct.

And the ONLY reason it's correct is because at least Obama did drone strikes. That's like the one thing he didn't fuck up.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 11:15 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Straight people over Gay people.

Self hating Gay ITT.

I could have told you that though.

01-27-2017 11:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nah it's not self hating. Legit, some Gay people can be really fucking annoying.

01-27-2017 11:24 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Like that lesbian that was ordained in the Episcopal church and spent half the sermon just reiterating the fact she was into dames.

...I'm pretty sure we only went to that cause somehow they were a relative or some shit. I don't even remember, I was really young so who cares.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » The IAT