What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Red Letter Median» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Red Letter Median
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-07-2017 8:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh my god redlettermedia did like a pitch perfect parody of like podcasts and shit on youtube. Cause apparently people got maaaaaad they didn't love rogue one.

The Nerd Crew: A Pop Culture Podcast by Red Letter Media

"Nerd culture" shouldn't go after people with the ability to do cutting satire.

"Our sponsor geek crate. Geek crate will send you an actual crate, for 69.95, of cheap dollar store toys with all your favorite logos on them" Laughing Out Loud that's...that's like half of youtube stuff yeah.

I kinda love how they manage to keep just deadpanning this for like 14 straight minutes and then finally just break because it's too much. That's commitment to the bit.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-07-2017 9:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I gotta watch this.

"Because a film is darker, it's more important"

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

01-07-2017 9:36 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"It makes me wonder if these people have ever seen a war film before, because at no point in any war film do we care about any of the people"

"Me personally I loved it, but I don't wanna seem like I love it too much so I give it 8 out of 10. It's much better than the one I gave 9 out of 10"

Laughing Out Loud

This is great.

You wanna know what's fucked up is apparently disney for some reason called in "prominent mommy bloggers" for like...a 30 minute cut of the film to gin up hype and dispel rumors it'd be "too violent". They mention this in the actual review of the film, the supplemental stuff is basically them prodding the whiny people.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-07-2017 11:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is insane.

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

01-08-2017 12:01 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah welcome to the reality where the internet and foreign box office gets to dictate how movies are made. Just random scenes, no script, and you'd better get the casting right.

They got yelled at also for calling out the "ooh but now its diverse" thing once. Diversity is fine, nobody dislikes that. Diversity is good. Just being "diverse" so nobody yells at you is tokenism. That's actually worse cause it's "let's write by committee and not upset tumblr".

Quote by Alizarin:

01-24-2017 6:06 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We are living in an age where some black activists earnestly call for segregation.
01-25-2017 7:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

F**k You, It's January! (2017)

"Transformers 5...this is all your fault. Just stop going to 'em"

"We're talking about you, chinamen"

"BUT JAY, I THINK THE QUESTION EVERYONE IS COMMITTING SUICIDE OVER IS..ARE THERE GONNA BE ANY MORE FUCKING COMIC BOOK MOVIES THIS YEAR!?"

("ENDLESS TRASH!!!" is a useful meme I have a feeling)

Quote by Alizarin:

01-25-2017 9:28 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How the fuck do they get away with saying chinamen

01-25-2017 9:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The magic of not giving a damn, probably (they made a video which was pretty much just an extended deadpan mockery of like...90% of youtube reviewers. And they did another one in the midst of that ghostbusters reboot 'firestorm'. I don't think they really care if somebody gets bent out of shape.)

Quote by Alizarin:

01-25-2017 11:28 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Did they do a box opening

01-25-2017 11:38 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh my god that's the one thing I don't think they've riffed on really. But now I really really wanna see it considering their take no prisoners attitude.

They're more with movies though, and that's a vidjya/techie thing, though.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 4:20 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Oh my god redlettermedia did like a pitch perfect parody of like podcasts and shit on youtube. Cause apparently people got maaaaaad they didn't love rogue one.

The Nerd Crew: A Pop Culture Podcast by Red Letter Media

"Nerd culture" shouldn't go after people with the ability to do cutting satire.

"Our sponsor geek crate. Geek crate will send you an actual crate, for 69.95, of cheap dollar store toys with all your favorite logos on them" Laughing Out Loud that's...that's like half of youtube stuff yeah.

I kinda love how they manage to keep just deadpanning this for like 14 straight minutes and then finally just break because it's too much. That's commitment to the bit.

Oh man they did it again. They really do not like the fuckin' youtubers.

The Nerd Crew: Episode 2

Hol asked in the other thread how they got away with the chinamen joke...they don't give a damn if the internets mad, and sometimes maybe they want parts of the internet mad.

They crack earlier than the other one, but it's still lol because they keep producing increasingly absurd "nerd/geek culture" props.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 1:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

YOU JUST KEEP HITTIN THE FUCKIN HOMERUNS DISNEY!!!

01-27-2017 2:14 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

oh my god

"Nothing says I love you like a black guy holding a gun"

holy shit

01-27-2017 2:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

01-27-2017 2:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess:
Did they do a box opening

It was amazing. It's like they read my mind

"This is a smaller backpack."
"For children?"
"Or the YOUNG AT HEART~"

"This is like, ten...eleven dollars worth of stuff!"
"Nerd Box is only 69.99 a month"

01-27-2017 5:30 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's like being dead for 90 minutes, but you're eating popcorn.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 5:36 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That box shit is insane.
01-27-2017 5:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Alabastard:
That box shit is insane.

"VERY cool."

Quote by Alizarin:

01-27-2017 7:21 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Gotcha. RLM iS vary bad at reviewing movies and this prroves it"

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (15): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Red Letter Median