What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Red Letter Median» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (15): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Red Letter Median
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-11-2017 4:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Half in the Bag Episode 128: The Mummy

Oh dear. This movie sounds exactly like I feared it would.

Actually worse, in fact. Holy shit that trailer they described for this stupid "dark universe"...that's awful, cutting the old universal monster movies into some kind of modern action trailer.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-11-2017 6:08 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm not sure who thought it'd do that well. I've liked Cruise's recent scifi flicks, but this one being a dark and gritty reboot of the Brendan Frasier stuff, and meant to be part of a Universal Monsters Shared Universe made me like "eehhhhhh".

I'll rent it or Netflix it, sure, but not see it in the theater.

06-11-2017 7:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The one that's just utterly perplexing to me is they wanna reboot creature from the black lagoon. I'm already envisioning the CGI gill man and just dreading it.

Because you know it's gonna be like that. They gotta "upgrade its look".

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-11-2017 10:10 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Holy shit that trailer they described for this stupid "dark universe"...that's awful, cutting the old universal monster movies into some kind of modern action trailer.

Yeah. I didn't believe this was a thing, I thought they had edited that together. Like it seemed so cliche that I figured they were poking fun at the concept.

...Nope.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-15-2017 2:37 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Did Red Letter Media Invent Slenderman?

It would make sense, since they are responsible for a being of hope and light

(Legit though, it goes into this horror movie they made yeeeears ago, I think before they started any of the plinkett stuff or anything. And they just found it kind of funny because there was a documentary about those two girls who stabbed their classmate.)

edit: Them saying "Don't watch the recovered" and calling their early movie garbage kinda makes me curious to see it.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-15-2017 2:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No something awful created slenderman.

Frank: Some cocks can't be unsucked.

06-15-2017 2:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
No something awful created slenderman.

It's an intentionally misleading title and they totally credit the goon. Yeah. Like they say "we're just having fun here kids, don't freak out"

Quote by Alizarin:

06-15-2017 2:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wait wtf they made actual movies not just Space Cop?

06-15-2017 3:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
Wait wtf they made actual movies not just Space Cop?

Red Letter Media The Recovered (2006) :

A couple of projects going back as far as 2003 (mike and jay originally met on a message board about filmmaking I think, so yeah)

edit: Space Cop is I think one they had been talking about or planning for ages, but they kept stopping to do other stuff like the reviews and all and then finally re-did it or finished it or something.

They've also done things for the "48 hour film project" which is "a contest in which teams of filmmakers are assigned a genre, a character, a prop, and a line of dialogue, and have 48 hours to create a short film containing those elements."

There was a half in the bag explaining their entry into one year and their process for doing it under that level of time constraint...it's interesting to watch cause you can sort of see them becoming increasingly frazzled as the deadline approaches and I think at the end they pretty much said they never are doing it again.

So yeah they've done stuff.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-17-2017 4:37 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Boom. 48 million dollars from a 1.2 million dollar budget."

Quote by Alizarin:

06-22-2017 8:53 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Windom Earle:
Rich Evans did not like the creepy video about hypnosis to seduce women.

I fucking love Mike's "oewww" afterwards. It's like an "Oh? You actually got laid?" and "WAIT THAT'S DISGUSTING" at the same time.

"I really don't know where Kevin James came from, besides a fat womans vagina" omfg

06-22-2017 10:43 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Best of the Worst: Hollywood Cop

Oh thank god I love Best of the Worstttt

06-22-2017 3:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The part where Jay and Rich start debating over if a line was or wasn't in the movie and Mike is just sitting there cracking up was great.

And then Mike does a Trump impression

Quote by Alizarin:

06-22-2017 3:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mike forced Jay to do a Trump impression.

TUMS

FESTIVAL

06-22-2017 5:53 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It was very cool. (VERRRY COOL.)

Quote by Alizarin:

06-22-2017 10:26 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We have to shut the cameras off....we have to shut the cameras off.

(I dunno if hol saw the videos they did reading the bad jokes books. We're probably the ones that watch RLM stuff more anyways)

Quote by Alizarin:

06-23-2017 12:38 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How could a 100 million dollar reboot that nobody wants to see...possibly be flopping?!

Quote by Alizarin:

06-23-2017 7:04 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Omg I recall the Ben hur thing. I wasn't into rlm at the time though so I was like wtf is this?

You know I hate the people that constantly ask for plinkett reviews. They got old after a while. Haha old man who doesn't like stuff and mocks it...now has a woman tied up? Wtf?

06-23-2017 7:52 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They're probably not gonna do another plinkett one for a while.

Like, the last one was apparently difficult to make and got mixed reactions because there weren't really glaring flaws with force awakens, at least not on the scale and severity of the prequels, so it was mostly taking down people who defend the prequels using that ring theory deal.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-24-2017 4:37 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol the transformers one

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (15): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Red Letter Median