What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Have actors lost the ability to act?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have actors lost the ability to act?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-14-2017 1:10 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is it just me?

Admittedly I don't bother with comicbook movies or "summer blockbusters" but, after viewing trailers for Alien Covenant, Blade Runner 2049, Atomic Blonde, and several others I can't recall at the moment, I do wonder...

Is it just nostalgia or are most actors now very wooden and "reading" their lines instead of acting?

There are a few actors that I can almost always expect an excellent performance from. Admittedly I got into John Goodman's work from Sharp telling me to watch Big Lebowski. Goodman was the best part of that movie and frankly the only reason anyone should watch it. He was also excellent in Cloverfield Lane and the Boston Bombing movie.

But take say, Noomi Rapace or whatever the fuck her name is. She was supposedly excellent in Prometheus, but didn't even come close to Sigourney Weaver in Alien or hell, even Aliens! ...or even Alien 3, to be completely honest. It's not that the script was awful (it was) she just can't fucking act.

Even The Arrival had a decent premise but I once again felt I was watching a made for TV movie and not Hollywood actors who make millions.

Is it just me?

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

05-14-2017 4:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Elba ever do a movie role?

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

05-14-2017 5:05 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ew, new star trek.

And sorry but then explain Christopher Lee. He was in AWFUL movies but made them extremely watchable (when he showed up anyway)

05-14-2017 5:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How can Deckard be a robot if he's that old? Robots die quick.

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Have actors lost the ability to act?