What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Have actors lost the ability to act?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have actors lost the ability to act?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-14-2017 8:38 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't watch a lot of movies from that era these days. Most aren't available to stream and I don't want to own them.

But when I do watch classics, I tend to find them a challenge to watch. The effects, atmosphere or acting are junt, blah. But at least they aren't blue/orange everywhere.

I think one thing you're noticing is that these days, especially the movies you mentioned, so much of the acting is done in front of green screens. Actors are wooden because they're talking at nothing, or nome dude in a body suit.

There was even that Bill Murray scene in the new Ghostbusters... We can't actually prove Bill Murray was ever in the same room as everyone else. So they're talking to a double reading lines, most likely.

But if you get into movies with less CGI and such, I think you might notice an improvement in acting because that natural connection between actors happens.

05-14-2017 8:39 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Idris Elba is also Heimdall in the new Thor movies

05-15-2017 12:31 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sony won't lose Spider-Man, they've already announced that after Spider-Man Homecoming's sequel they're going to make their own Spidey movies again and they're already working on a rated R Venom movie.

05-15-2017 2:05 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Amazing Spider-Man 2 bombed super hard, and then Sony got hacked, which contributed to the axing of Sinister Six and probably also to the deal with Marvel.

But Sony won't just give up that IP. It's a cash cow, even the failures, and there's way more Spider-Man characters than just Spidey.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/sony-just-randoml...-out-1793351904

Spider-Man Could Exit MCU After Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 | Collider

05-15-2017 9:36 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I maybe would have agreed before Legion came out.

05-19-2017 2:42 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

All I'm saying is that even those lesser-known IPs have been shown to be very successful, even if the adaptation is very loose, so they wouldn't want to let go of those rights.

And we have more shows coming, like the Gifted and The Runaways, so...

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Have actors lost the ability to act?