What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Backlog» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Backlog
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-16-2017 6:21 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I understand the feel being off on 3d Fallout but I've only played Bethesda's fallout so I don't have any expectations on what I think fallout should be, for better or worse

Fallout 3 was a fun game in its own right, but I think mostly because it plays like a Bethesda game than it being Fallout. I was surprised when I eventually tried Skyrim because I was apprehensive towards it because I ended up liking it more than 3d Fallout.

I got Fallout 4 because it looked like it could be fun and it was cheap when I got my ps4. It was weird, a new copy was cheaper than a used one. Laughing Out Loud

I think Last of Us plays like Uncharted? Or maybe it's less over the top action movie like Uncharted. Those games are pretty fun though

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-16-2017 6:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Last of us brings in the reason I hate resident evil: ammo conservation.

I'm more a serious Sam person. Blow em all to hell cause there's 30 more coming over that hill...you have plenty of ammo to spare.

Aliz: its ok. dustin has guns. we can make this right

06-16-2017 6:51 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Maybe it's not like Uncharted then? You get plenty of ammo in those games, I've ran out of bullets sometimes but there was always plenty of guns and ammo lying around, even if it wasn't always the gun I wanted

Either way the copy I have isn't technically mine Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-16-2017 6:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
I got Fallout 4 because it looked like it could be fun and it was cheap when I got my ps4. It was weird, a new copy was cheaper than a used one. Laughing Out Loud

You'll probably enjoy it if you liked 3. The combat is vastly better, nobody disagrees. You don't have to go into VATS..aka the halfway point between turn based and fps..constantly.

But they got way, way too carried away with the whole "settlements" thing. Like, so enthusiastic about it (picture the way you can build a house in skyrim, but now you can build it and other things from the ground up) that they focused on it too much.

You coulda held out until one with all the DLCs were bundled. Unfortunately some of those were additions to the construction stuff....and one of the DLCs is very good until an absolutely ridiculous puzzle reliant on that shit, which turned me off to the point that when I finally bother to go back I'm just cheat-coding past the quest probably.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-16-2017 7:46 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

JESUS CHRIST ALEX WHAT IS WITH YOU AND FALLOUT

DID YOUR EX GIRLFRIENDS HAVE TO WEAR VAULT SUITS TO GET YOU OFF

06-16-2017 7:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He asked if it was fun kinda, I was just trying to say "yeah but you don't need to get to it right now"

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-16-2017 8:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He said it looked fun. HE DIDN'T ASK YOU

(please note I am just loling at all this it's not meant to be mean spirited. Your fallout obsession is hilarious)

06-16-2017 8:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fair enough

(Nah I know, I like that series...a lot)

Quote by Alizarin:

06-16-2017 8:46 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Probably will play Uncharted 4 after I finish Uncharted 3 but not sure what RPG I'll play next

Either:

Jade Empire
Witcher 3
Fallout New Vegas
FF XV
Deus Ex
Skyrim

Kinda Leaning towards Jade Empire, because I've been on a Bioware kick for awhile and because the Kung Fu setting

Or back to Skyrim, because Skyrim is Skyrim

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-16-2017 9:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Deus ex as in the first one?!

THAT. Oh lawd, that.

Warning: The first level, Liberty Island, apparently turns some people off.

(I dunno why)

After that you start to see its the beauty of the game. You are given soooo many options to approach things. Which will become more interesting after "your orders are this".

Quote by Alizarin:

06-16-2017 11:05 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
Last of us brings in the reason I hate resident evil: ammo conservation.

I'm more a serious Sam person. Blow em all to hell cause there's 30 more coming over that hill...you have plenty of ammo to spare.

Oh it's one of those ammo/resource conservation things without just overtly being a survival horror game.

Yeah...if you're gonna do that mechanic it seems like it should out and out be like that. Resident Evil or Silent hill, fine, okay. You're saving every bullet or item until the next cutscene or save point.

But Last of us keeps getting talked up as some wonderful narrative where that's the major focus and not the idea of "oh hell do I run or engage the enemy".

And I've read spoilers for last of us
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I don't get how there's a sequel though...
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Quote by Alizarin:

06-17-2017 2:56 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In RE4 I really struggled with the ammo conservation thing. Sometimes I'd horde it too much and not use my big guns, making things way harder than needed.

06-17-2017 3:28 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

RE4 was actually...it seemed less intensive with that, since it was more an action game.

Also the knife and the kicks/suplexes on stunned enemies are really powerful.

edit: The rest of this was tl;dr and immaterial (basically there's a system to upgrading and using certain weapons that mitigates this. part of it involves the fact you can get a free magnum and turn one of the handguns which has fairly common ammo into a general all purpose weapon)

Quote by Alizarin:

06-17-2017 4:09 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Windom Earle:
Deus ex as in the first one?!

THAT. Oh lawd, that.

Warning: The first level, Liberty Island, apparently turns some people off.

(I dunno why)

After that you start to see its the beauty of the game. You are given soooo many options to approach things. Which will become more interesting after "your orders are this".

The first post says mankind divided

06-17-2017 4:24 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh.

I figured but when he said deus ex in the last post without the subtitle I....wishful thinking.

I've heard very mixed things about mankind divided so maybe go with jade empire then.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-02-2017 2:47 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i watched a video abit ago of the first deus ex and of liberty island because the series is interesting, the atmosphere looked great but i dunno the gameplay looked not that great. might just be dated. i'll keep an open mind towards it if i like mankind divided, which i might play in abit

made an update to my backlog with some games that were free on psn plus. playing zodiac age right now and started ass creed syndicate and new vegas without finishing them before

Quote by Necro:

Ps1
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Front Mission 3
Grandia

ps2

Blood Will Tell
Onimusha
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Suikoden Tactics
Odin Sphere
Shining Tears
God of War
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Wii

Xenoblade

PS3

Ghostbusters
Lego Batman
Dead or Alive 5
Brutal Legend
Tales of Graces f
Ni no Kuni
The Last of Us
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
Fallout New Vegas
Alpha Protocol
Costume Quest
inFamous
inFamous 2
Tomb Raider Underworld

PS4

Yooka Laylee
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Fallout 4
Shadow of Mordor
Witcher 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
Bloodborne
Skyrim
MGS V
Watchdogs 2
Just Cause 3
Assassins Creed Freedom Cry
Dying Light

Pc

Fallout 2
Grandia 2

DS
Pokemon Conquest

3DS
Bravely Default
Project xZone

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-03-2017 2:52 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Alpha Protocol is one of those things where its a really good idea, but due to weird development problems (its probably segas fault if I remember, and they won't just let it go so somebody else/the same people could take a whack at it) it got rushed or something.

The 'minigames' for hacking and whatnot kinda suck, and the bosses are..meh. I never finished it, I keep meaning to go back and start another game since I maybe messed up the character too.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-03-2017 6:18 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've read about Alpha Protocols issues, but I picked the game up for $10. I've enjoyed some flawed games alot in the past so I felt it was a relatively small risk if I could see past the flaws, if not oh well I didn't spend alot of money.

anyone play borderlands? borderlands 2 is supposedly good and looks kinda interesting and cheap to buy off psn ($9.99) so it looks like a small risk, but I'm slightly turned off by it being fps. I like deus ex which was also fps, but it was in spite of it being fps.

also did Xenoblade have gambits?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-03-2017 6:39 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've always really liked Borderlands and it's fun solo or coop but I know it's sense of humor is pretty hit or miss. I love it but I know people online who refuse to play because of the writing.

It is FPS but there are a bunch of RPG elements/skills and stuff that mitigate that curve if you're not great at them. I usually go for an elemental DoT build that I just need to tag the enemy anywhere and they'll just slowly melt as opposed to like headshot crit build or whatever else.

08-03-2017 6:54 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What's wrong with the writing? also, speaking of the story what is the role of the story in the game? I know it's a fps rpg, but is the rpg just contained to loot and skill trees, or does the story involve rpg aspects too?

fps I can play, I got through deus ex human revolution by shooting enemies in the face just fine, I just prefer tps to fps because fps feels abit loose for my liking.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Backlog