What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What's wrong with gamers?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's wrong with gamers?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-14-2017 12:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just saw an e3 vid of marvel vs capcom. Introduced Thanos, Zero, Dante, Arthur etc

To me, the game looks like the old one I played on psx, "behold my mighty hand". Lots of action, lots of wacky character choices. Fun to play with friends. I used to play as Venom and Gambit so my finishing? move was "Death Flush" because that's hilarious.

The new game of course is much flashier, and streamlined. Yet all I see are complaints.

The uppercut motion, which took me years to master, has been replaced with a down-down button input--a much easier way. Allows "casuals" to have an easier time playing. This has been the source of endless bitching. There also have been cries of boycott because certain characters are not included. They have shit on the graphics, which to me do not make the game. They consistently nitpick this game.

I can already see gamers bitching about the new Metroid 2 remake, even though they've been bitching that Metroid as a series has been ignored for too long.

Why do they do this...? Its one thing to play a game and dislike it, but they don't even give a game a hands on chance. And most of the time when they do play, they continue to bitch, while playing the game.

I don't understand this videogame hatefucking.

But I do know it has completely turned me off videogame communities and videogame "culture" if not videogames as a whole.

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

06-14-2017 1:37 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's not just gamers. It's the internet as a whole. I just google "Tool new album" to see if there was any news and came across this article: A dull Tool just doesn't cut it at the Xcel | City Pages

Then there's all the bitching about new twin peaks. Every asshole in the internet lived to shit all over things it seems. I think they think if they shit in something it makes them look smarter. Ahead of the curve

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

06-14-2017 2:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That article is exactly what I see, yes.

Shitting on Tool being more of the same but if they were to produce new things they would be shit on for new things.

Am I easily pleased? Mvsc looks fun. I fucking love new twin peaks. The metroid 2 remake looks great. I didn't even shit on Other M until its storyline was shown. It looked like a decent game.

Or is the internet spoiled?

I do notice a lot of gamers have seemingly infinite money and can afford a PS4 and any new game they want. I on the other hand have always been poor, so I've come to appreciate stuff "coming back from the dead" as twin peaks did, or getting remakes of games I already liked, or so on. I know things go as fast as they come and am appreciative of new creative attempts.

I like (some) indie games especially for this reason. The Real Texas, Hyper Light Drifter, and Two Brothers are a few that were really creative and something you'd never see from Sony or EA.

Again its not so bad to be disappointed after the thing is out. But to keep at it even though you hate it? Why? Why are you wasting the energy?

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

06-15-2017 6:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's an obsession with "casuals" that pops up with everything lately.

It used to mostly be with like fighting games because shitty people pride themselves on memorizing patterns like rain-man (remember all the bitching about "hitboxes") but it's expanded to "NOT IN MAH FANDOM". Unwarranted pride in non-accomplishment.

The joke "I appreciate (blank) more/on a deeper level than you" used to be a joke if I remember....now people use it as some kinda watchword phrase.

It's like the hipster shit, "I was into (blank) before it was mainstream". There are no 'gamers'. Vidjya is as readily available as tv or movies or books or any other form of media.

Merely desperate grasping at identity by people with none. Which the fuckin' internet is fertile ground nowadays with everybody segregating themselves off into meaningless little groups.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-15-2017 9:40 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think it's half the vocal minority just circle jerking while people like me are too busy actually playing games/having fun to post things, and half just the internet making everyone a hate machine that loves to just bitch about things.

Lord knows there is a legit many problems in gamer culture but if it's as widespread as it looks or if it's just a medium size group of loud assholes I'm not sure TBH.

My stance on the world is still that everyone needs to find their goddamn chill on everything.

06-15-2017 9:42 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That said I did actually play the demo and the models are kinda wonky and the game play was just average. Plus MVC3 had some weird/fun character picks and Infinite seems more "who is the most marketable characters at this moment"

06-16-2017 12:29 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Most gamers I meet in real life are kinda awkward socially, but I've rarely come across anyone as full of hate as online. So it could just be a negative circle jerk going on online.

I know there's lots of games I've seen shit on that while perfect I don't see why they get bashed. I'm playing uncharted 3 right now and according to the Internet it's a big step down from uncharted 2 and... I'm having fun so I don't get it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-16-2017 7:02 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
That said I did actually play the demo and the models are kinda wonky and the game play was just average. Plus MVC3 had some weird/fun character picks and Infinite seems more "who is the most marketable characters at this moment"

Sigma is marketable....? Arthur hasn't had a game for like 6 years I believe, maybe more. Leon, strider..all the darkstalkers characters haven't had games forever.

For marvel of course they're gonna add deadpool because 'spergins are boycotting to get him. Wolverine is wolverine. That stupid fucking raccoon is very popular. Thor seems to be a comic representation at least and not a movie one. Same for Dr strange.

Maybe I'm missing something but the marvel ones seem to be standard mvsc fare nix Spencer (no idea who the hell) and others I've never heard of. I don't really know what you expect?

Plus the dlc characters haven't been fully announced and capcom claims they will make more due to demand.

I'm really not trying to single you out but I find this part of the problems I mentioned. We have ultron sigma in a fabulous pink castle with a rainbow entryway, a shit ton of characters, and general fighting gameplay, and people want something different.

But if they did something different, people would complain.

06-16-2017 8:14 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Capcom side is better varity and excitementwise but mostly returning characters from 3 (Morrigan, Arthur, Spenser, Strider were all there). But really no roster would satisfy people so there is no winning there.

I think people are also pissed that there are no Xmen concidering the series' origins. With the whole movie rights issues thing though this was kinda an assumed result though.

06-16-2017 8:40 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well yes the movies have been problems in general.

Wait a damn minute is that why Logan didn't mention any x men or professor x by name...?

06-16-2017 3:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:

Wait a damn minute is that why Logan didn't mention any x men or professor x by name...?

I'm just gonna assume it has something to do with the convoluted thing involving the film rights to x-men, unless it was a stylistic/narrative choice that was intentional.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-16-2017 8:40 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:

Nope, not at all. Fox owns the rights to all X-Men and mutant characters, so that wasn't why.

The other X-Men weren't mentioned because they were all dead, and their names had no real place in the story. And, Logan always called X Professor or Charles.

Their relationship by that point in the future was very much more Charles and Logan than Professor and Wolverine.

06-16-2017 8:41 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen Logan yet, it's probably what he's saying.

(I know marvel can't mention the x-men or mutants cause of the rights issue.)

Quote by Alizarin:

06-16-2017 8:50 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't know what's wrong with the roster reflecting the MCU right now. It might leave out old favorites but alot of those characters are popular right now, and no matter what every roster is going to leave out characters people care about

Spider-Man is in so that's all I care about

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

06-16-2017 9:00 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't understand how this would even work as a fighting game. Shouldn't spider-man just be acrobatically flipping all over the place and hitting the enemy with...like, webbing up their legs.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-16-2017 10:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Gudetama:
My stance on the world is still that everyone needs to find their goddamn chill on everything.

ITT vidjya commenters on them internets

Quote by Alizarin:

06-26-2017 11:16 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
It's not just gamers. It's the internet as a whole. I just google "Tool new album" to see if there was any news and came across this article: A dull Tool just doesn't cut it at the Xcel | City Pages

Then there's all the bitching about new twin peaks. Every asshole in the internet lived to shit all over things it seems. I think they think if they shit in something it makes them look smarter. Ahead of the curve

This. I see it on Youtube, imgur, all places all the time. I agree that it's immature and exhausting as hell. It's so much nicer to talk about what you enjoy.

The weird thing is how absolutely laced with hatred people can get over the stupidest thing. Telling directors, actors, producers, etc. to go die in a fire for making a pile of shit they didn't even play or see or listen to.

The New Retro Wave scene that I've gotten into recently is surprisingly laid back and cool in comparison to others. But most communities, for whatever bizarre reason, are toxic

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

06-27-2017 8:52 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Its very strange with twin peaks though. Not only are there people that bitch about petty things (mainly going "I'm bored" or "this isn't twin peaks") but there are polar opposites.

Nothing that Lynch does is a mistake or wrong. The inclusion of NIN has polarized the fan community- you can't say you disliked the song, Trent's sunglasses, how they were introduced, or Trent's dumb stage presence.

Everything has a meaning! The song is about Laura (I thought it was just a song off a nin album..), the sunglasses are a reference to the bomb, Trent was mimicking BOB with his stage presence, they were introduced as "the" nin so that must mean something!!

People are personally insulted to dare to criticize Lynch. A few have mocked this mentality by saying "the church of Lynch". Its really crazy to see.

Its like the internet can't say "my opinion differs. I liked thing" and just leave it as that.

06-27-2017 1:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was laughing because a lot of the musical interludes almost seem like "hahaha they're doing this because shotime let them"

Quote by Alizarin:

06-30-2017 4:23 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
videogame "culture"

All I can think of sometimes with "gamer comments" is

Look Crocodile Brain

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » What's wrong with gamers?