What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » When you've watched so many movies» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page When you've watched so many movies
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-05-2019 12:47 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That you can't remember if you've seen them or not. Anyone have the same issue?

I'm having it with Enemy with Jake Glyhennhal. I think I saw it but I don't remember that I saw it?

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

08-07-2019 10:40 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes. It happens to me with books a little more frequently.

I'm also now having it with that movie, but I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the movie "Prisoners" which he also was in.

...Wait I'm totally thinking of prisoners. It's probably cause both of them have one word titles and I think rlm mentioned enemy once.

edit: And it's the same director no less, so that's definitely what's going on.

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-07-2019 11:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fuck maybe I'm confusing it with Prisoners too

Teddy Roosevelt: To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

08-09-2019 10:01 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Did the ending involve somebody locked in a dungeon of some sort, and it was ambiguous if jake gyllenhaal's character heard them signaling.

If so that was Prisoners.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-27-2019 9:27 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Late but you might not be confused, cause he was in both. I haven't seen enemy, you're probably right.

Enemy apparently involved weird surrealistic stuff involving spiders, so I didn't see it. Even though I like the directors work (Sicario was good, Blade Runner 2049 I may like more than the original..controversial statement. Prisoners was good. I haven't seen Arrival, you said it sucked but maybe that was the script)

Quote by Alizarin:

10-03-2019 6:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It turns out we did see Enemy

10-03-2019 11:18 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How was it, I saw the plot summary of it and it seemed like...I dunno what it was, something about the duality of man maybe. Or it's supposed to be all weird and experimental maybe.

I know you said arrival sucked, but I just liked blade runner 2049 that much that I'm curious to see more of the directors work (well and prisoners, and sicario, but I really really liked 2049). I mean I couldn't give less of a shit about dune but I'd probably watch his adaptation.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-12-2019 4:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I slept through Enemy, considering I don't remember it. If we watched it during college, 90% chance I slept through most of it.

Arrival was eyerollingly bad at the ending. The rest of it was mediocre.

2049 was extremely good but it had an extremely good movie and book to go off of, so.

12-13-2019 12:39 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've said it before and I'll say it again..and nobody's gonna like this. I liked Blade Runner 2049 more than Blade Runner. Blade Runner isn't bad (there's like five cuts of it and I haven't seen all of them), and I like it fine enough..or it has moments like the rutger hauer scene and the world building.

But 2049 was better at things, I'm willing to die on this hill.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-13-2019 1:40 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's like I've been stabbed right through the sternum

12-13-2019 4:26 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

the original blade runner is my all time favorite movie

i havent seen 2049 yet

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

12-14-2019 12:32 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

People. I'm not saying I hate the original blade runner. I don't. I absolutely respect it and appreciate it for its merits. It's a great film.

..But I liked 2049 better.

Quote by The Greatest of All Time:
the original blade runner is my all time favorite movie

i havent seen 2049 yet

I really would recommend it if you love blade runner. Or not. Hol liked it at least. It expands and enriches the setting of the first movie. And even the characters.

Which one is better is immaterial. If you love blade runner then 2049 is definitely worth it.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-20-2019 2:13 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
It's like I've been stabbed right through the sternum

(I didn't read "do androids dream of electric sheep", which I guess was the basis you mentioned. I only saw whatever cuts of blade runner and then loved 2049)

Quote by Alizarin:

01-12-2020 1:57 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's like comparing Ledger joker with Joaquin Joker

You can't. You can prefer one movie over the other (I personally enjoyed Joker moreso because of a few reasons) but you can't compare the two characters or actors

Can't do that with blade runner either

01-14-2020 8:25 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TL;DR "Best Joker" is dumb. I'll try to be brief...which means we're fucked.

The Ledger Joker was very deliberately supposed to be "anti-batman". I dunno if the comics do that but the nolan trilogy was very clearly a thing about escalation, what does batman do when confronted who will go to the extremes he does.

So it's stupid to say that was the "best" joker or whatever. Cesar Romero is the best Joker in the Batman series cause that's what it was going for. Jack Nicholson is the best Joker in what that movie was going for.

Ledger was great obviously. In that context. Then again I consider the nolan batman films a self-contained trilogy.

I haven't seen Joker yet, but I want to. Joaquin is just a fantastic actor. It sounds like the comic book stuff was bolted on to a character study type film, which you can't really release widely now cause it won't sell. When I first heard about it I rolled my eyes thinking "A joker origin movie? Jeez."

Also I love how there was fake-ass social media 'controversy' about it with the checkmark Twatter, and now apparently it's nominated for a ton of oscars apparently.

One thing everybody seems to agree on is the suicide squad joker fucking sucked. And the movie as a whole is supposedly real bad.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-15-2020 3:02 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:

The Ledger Joker was very deliberately supposed to be "anti-batman". I dunno if the comics do that but the nolan trilogy was very clearly a thing about escalation, what does batman do when confronted who will go to the extremes he does.

yes, they do. joker only exists because batman exists and the line ledger puts out about an immovable object and unstoppable force pretty much sums up the batman/joker relationship

i like ledger joker a little more, only because you get an entire movie where hes assumed the joker persona. joker is a really good movie, but he doesnt embrace his new persona until very late in the movie which ultimately gives it a smaller body of work to compare it to. ultimately i felt i didnt get enough to say he's better

but whats there is really good

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-15-2020 10:00 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The new one is on my list of things I wanna watch, because it seems like...well you said it, existing in it's own thing or universe.

I always saw that Nolan trilogy as kinda just a self contained thing. You could swap out batman and joker and bane and all and probably still do the general arc.

Back to point...if it makes any sense by now, it looks appealing for took an idea and went in a different direction and apparently tried to be interesting. The idea of "best" joker is stupid really, it depends on the tone and performance. Caesar Romero is equal to Heath Ledger is equal to Mark Hamill voicing him. It's about how its done.

Quote by Alizarin:

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » When you've watched so many movies