What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » Hostility» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Hostility
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-05-2002 1:42 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Alright..it all started lastnight, when I was going to play something on ZSNES with Necro, but like always we started chatting instead. @.# Anyways, we started making fun of olde MMO and it's inhabitants. Example. "XU: *rp kills Enker* Enker: No, no! You can't do that in this thread! *deletes XU's post* XU: Boy, I brought RPing to this board, I make the rules." "Slash: Members can't pick mods, only I know the right way to. *draws number out of hat*" "DZ: Hey guys, there's freedom of speech at my board, UNLIKE here! *takes freedom of speech away anyway*"

Then I decided to go to the Wayback Machine and find some threads.. Internet Archive Wayback Machine
(The threads are all 404's, I think..but the titles are there) I did find some..and read them, and remembered how fun it was back then! Smile Rodrigo and the 91 pager.. Everyone saying Enker was a shitty mod.. Maxman and his hamburger.. Necro and his crying smiley addiction.. The HZD killing everyone.. Bolt banning me.. Boco insisting I was bi.. Pike having sex with dirty whores in a closet..

....*looks around* WHAT IN THE NAME OF HELLO KITTY HAS HAPPENED?! o.o We're so completely divided now. DZ (Nova) with his own server, own board.. XU (XPrime) with his own server, own board. Enker (Trev) own server, own board. Rodrigo's even got his own board because he can't get along with DZ and them usually..

Where did all the hostility come from? Is it power hunger? Stupid mistakes? Petty grudges? Now I know how Freeze felt, and why he wanted to make a replica of olde MMO. Because it was fun, and there weren't stupid fights over mod jobs or hypocritical spriters or 'Nova's new asskisser' or whatever. Even MMO itself sucks the big one now, what happened there? Oh right, Reeve. Laughing Out Loud

I know it's impossible, but it would be fun to have a MMO again. There's some members that would be irreplacable because they'd never come, like Slash himself..someone could imitate him though. Laughing Out Loud And of course there's always members that some don't want replaced, like Boco, Reeve, Zyxer, IHZ, list goes on. :P

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and start saving money for me own server and an "Olde MMO Forum Project". Laughing Out Loud

Sharp: "It suggests to me he's not a political guy, something is going on" well then you're an idiot wolf blitzer

11-05-2002 10:19 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Of COURSE it would be fun! Trouble is, the thing with olde MMO was that everyone had the time to be on 24/7. Not so anymore. Plus, we've all turned into cynical bastards.. At least I KNOW I've changed.
11-05-2002 4:51 PMGustav Graves is offline Search for Posts by Gustav Graves Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Time just has a way of changing things for better or for worse. At least we had something good at one time.
11-05-2002 5:03 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Don't forget my old X6 Mavericks topic at the olde MMO forum (the transforming topic).

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

11-05-2002 11:15 PMVendetta is offline Send an Email to Vendetta Search for Posts by Vendetta Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Even though I wasnt around those sound like they were some pretty good times. I think it'd be awesome to have a place where everyone could go and just have fun without letting drama and other petty crap get in the way. I think its possible to get that again, but everyone would have to be willing to do it and get over the stupid things that have happened, which is easier said than done.

Even if the same people arent there, theres always a chance there could be something else like it with people here and maybe some other new people. Sure it wouldnt be exactly the same, but as long as its still cool and fun then there's always the possibility of newer and better memories being made.

Bah..I think Im rambling again Laughing Out Loud But yeah thats my view on it.
11-06-2002 12:31 PMGustav Graves is offline Search for Posts by Gustav Graves Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well... looking at the current track record... I'd say "eden" is looking rather iffy at best.
11-06-2002 2:30 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Necro thinks we're all so hostile towards another because we know how everyone acts now, and what they've done in the past.

There's no way to make us forget..so we'll always hold our grudges and look down upon the others that have made the mistakes.

Sharp: "It suggests to me he's not a political guy, something is going on" well then you're an idiot wolf blitzer

11-06-2002 2:45 PMMal is offline Search for Posts by Mal Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

To hold grudges is human, sadly. I would have loved to be on MMO.
11-06-2002 2:56 PMP is offline Search for Posts by P Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As I might have pointed out over and over: Power makes most people show how much of an anal cavity they can be. And since "we" have divided it looks like we're having a contest of who can deal the best with power.
11-06-2002 3:11 PMTyru is offline Search for Posts by Tyru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

its like that old saying...

"Potatoes can feel pain"

ahh wait wrong saying. well I forget the saying but roughly you don't think you want power until you have it. I think it was god who said it best when he said tha.. *gets shot*
11-06-2002 6:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

*Holsters smoking gun* Now.. Where were we? :D
11-06-2002 11:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing Out Loud...

Yes, you're right PUNK. Power shows the true side of people..and how they can handle it projects how they are. If you go around abusing that power, like Enker did or Kia or..just about everyone at one time, then it shows. Of course, if you learn to abide the rules and not abuse them, then bravo..the power didn't corrupt. Well, unless you brag to all the other members that you can mod them and ban them and blah blah..

Necro also brought up another thing. That if olde MMO was to be revived, that DZ (Nova..), XU, and Enker wouldn't come, because they couldn't bear to be a member again. Now me, being the good friend I am {;)} tried to stand up for Chris there, saying that he's not power hungry and would accept member status.. I gave up though and just gave the silent treatment. Laughing Out Loud

He also brought up something ELSE. (Sorry, these talks on AIM have been analytical lately) That in order for Chris to be appreciated, he has to appreciate what Nova has done for him. And Nova should be appreciative of what Slash has done for him. And Enker should be appreciative of Nova. (I tried to say that Nova should be appreciative of what Chris has done for his board(s), but Necro gave me this crap of 'what's not broken shall not be fixed' saying that DZ could've kept his old board, didn't need XU to install a new one..) It's true though..without Slash, Nova would've never had such a large community as he does now. And without Nova, XP wouldn't have this community either. Enker/Trev wouldn't have got his community either if it wasn't for Nova.

There's no need for people to actually be appreciative though..they just need to face facts I guess.

11-06-2002 11:10 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ah, but then you realize a few things..

1) Notice I'm content with being an average member at Doc Cossack's?

2) As for the last paragraph.. I bring you back to a memory long ago. After the religion crap. Remember me thanking Nova for giving me the opportunity to make a forum?
11-06-2002 11:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I know dear. But you also weren't at Docs very much, but that was probably because of Kia or something.. *shrug* I try to stand up for you, but he just outright doesn't get along with you. I'm not going to waste my time with him in such discussions.

And yeah..that was when..well, not gonna bring that up..but that was when he let you add hacks to the board again or something, after having a fight with you and stuff?

11-06-2002 11:34 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I didn't go because of the fangirls...

No, it was when DS/ES split began.

And what's with Necro anyway..? I remember you telling me he was jealous or some crap.
11-07-2002 2:02 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Goddamn fangirls to the tenth level of..Enker's basement.

Yeah, Necro's jealous -I think- because we're a little too chummy, Chris.

11-07-2002 8:50 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, do me a favor and tell him to kindly seperate his head from his ass.

For one thing, who the fuck is HE to try and predict me of all people? I was ALWAYS a normal member at Olde MMO, did you see me bitching? Second, I repeat the first sentence of this paragraph, he has no right to dictate HOW< WHEN< AND IF I will be appreciated, unless it;'s his appreciation, which I don't give a damn about, he can kindly stick it where the sun don't shine, since I don't exactly like him either, and this stuff is why. Oh, here's a question. Did he by any chance criticize HIMSELF anywhere in that conversation? He wasn't exactly a model member, HELL he was a Boco asskisser!
11-07-2002 10:43 AMGustav Graves is offline Search for Posts by Gustav Graves Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Necro... jealous... HAHAHAHAHA. That's the funniest thing I've read today. Also... he's a very arrogant individual, Chris... he'd rather gut himself and run 20 miles while dragging his insides than be modest and criticize himself. I also bet he doesn't even like the St. Louis Blues either. Band <------ The greatest smilie since the Kennedy Assassaination!
11-07-2002 12:52 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey Moe, by the HaHJaha are you laughing at the idea of Necro being jealous, or at Necro himself?
11-07-2002 1:00 PMP is offline Search for Posts by P Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Most likely the idea of Necro being jealous, I think. I mean I thought he doesn't give a damn about you, Nova, Enker or anyone else with a community based forum anymore.
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
What a Weird World We Live In » Misc. Area  » The Wasteland  » Hostility